Saskatoon SK

150 msx turbo overboost problem.

Hi, there was another post in here with very similar issues as mine had but i still cant solve it. When I punch it out of the hole it sences overboost (rpm 4700). The light does not flash but it does boost up and then goes into protection mode. If I start out gradually and take it easy all seams to be fine. When the overboost occurs , I shut it down by kill switch but i did not pull the lanyard. Is this a must to reset it. I can verify the line from the wastegate is clear(blow through it freely) . The wast gate also does open up . Could there be a linkage problem where the waste gate is not opening quick enough? Also i am almost certain the solenoid is functioning properly and with a test light power is going to it. Aslo all the hoses seam to be tight so that seems ok. Would there be a way to test the boost/air temp sensor. I unpluged it an the ski ran like crap.

Anyways i will try to adgust the linkage today so it is very near the verge of opening as close as i can get it. How much travel should the wastegate move.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

Saskatoon SK

turbo problem fixed

It just happened to be that the linkage was set to tight and was no opening quick enough or opening much at all. I extended the arm about a 1/4 inch out and presto full turbo with no overboost conditions. Thought this may help others with same problem.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the update

If you happen to have some clear photos of the problem area, that might be helpful for the next guy

Thread Information