+1

ok to reuse exhaust gaskets??

So heres the deal. I finally took some time yesterday to track down a leak i had coming out of the exhaust. turns out to be just gasket that goes between the manifold and the exhaust pipe. i also noticed that there was a broken off bolt in the manifold, so i removed the entire exhaust so i have more access and room to work on manifold. well needless to say i decided to remove the manifold as well (the easy out broke off in the broken bolt ) so it would be easier to work on the bench. I have bought a new gasket for the manifold to pipe. but the question is since i removed the manifold and the gaskets that were on there came off and in tact. they are thick and look pretty "good". are these something i should replace or will it be alright if i reuse them?? Normally id just replace something like this but i cant help but think that i could reuse them. plus itd save me a trip to the store (wich never sees to be open late enough) and a couple bucks not that, that part bothers me.. any input ??

I wouldn't reuse them considering how little they cost and how much labor time it takes to do the job over if they leak.
    At the very least, if you must re-use them then coat them w/ High-Temp silicone (Copper) sealant during re-assembly.

You also need to replace the Rubber Grommets on the Pipe mount(s) which is probably why one of the bolts broke due to ineffective Pipe support. I see this situation quite often..

DvD

+1
    Ok cool .. i def do need new rubber groments.. ironically i am missing a bolt from one of those holes but it is not the one thats broken off.. the one that is broken off bolts down from the top.. it connects the pipe to the manifold

Thread Information