over heating stage 3 ?

RAN fine for 2 years intillmud flapp it ran through a buddy ran through mud.so cleaned it all out one by on intake manifold,jet holes evrythign cam out clean,but the intercooler trickled out so i blew it out with air then water a improvered water flow by %100 but now when i take long pulls with boost it it will over heat i dont now why .I spoke with my buddy thAT IS A seadoo mechanic so he said the mud could have stuck to the intercooler fins will thAT make it over heat ?AND I chANGED the gibson heat sensor just for precautions.i need answers or a gen one intercooler i will by bypass it tomorrow and you now.3026507041 if you have have a answer right

+1
    this is worst case scenario but if you overheated it once, you may have burn the head gasket. mine did the same thing 2 weeks ago. it used to overheat only under hard boost, this means the gasket is on it's way out, but not totalled. small trick to know is after a long boost pull, remove the seat and check your overflow tank, it should be spitting out the excess pressure out the tube and cover alot. changed my gasket out in a few hours, no big deal, only money

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    this is worst case scenario but if you overheated it once, you may have burn the head gasket. mine did the same thing 2 weeks ago. it used to overheat only under hard boost, this means the gasket is on it's way out, but not totalled. small trick to know is after a long boost pull, remove the seat and check your overflow tank, it should be spitting out the excess pressure out the tube and cover alot. changed my gasket out in a few hours, no big deal, only money
    would i have anitfreeze in the oil it the head gastket goes .i am going to bybass the intercooler and if it doesnt over heat then it hsould be the intercooler and i cant find a gen 1 riva.

+1
    my antifreeze was still perfect when it happened to me

+1
    Your IC is clogged.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Your IC is clogged.
    +10 ... I tried all kinds of crap a couple years ago ... turned out the IC was clogged enough to severely impact the cooling. Dumped the Riva Gen1 IC, put in an XS and Groco strainer, no issues since.

If you are still in doubt, pull the IC off, blow out the water, then see if you can easily suck enough air thru the IC to breath comfortably with no strain ... my guess is you will find you cannot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Your IC is clogged.
    +1 i bet its you exhaust thats overheating not the motor. If theIC is restricting the flow of water the exhasut dont get enough and overheats. R88

Your J-pipe is clogged

Thread Information