Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

starting issue on ultra250x 07'

last time i was out my exhaust hose came off and i put here half way under water. i was able to clear the water out and run it for some time with no problems. so today when i took the ultra out. i was riding for about 10 minutes and it started to drop rpm/s and die out and then it would not restart. i got a new battery and re-tried still nothing. with the plugs out, it cranks over fine. but when i put the plugs back in. it has trouble trying to turn over. i removed the belt and checked the supercharger, turning fine along with the idler pulley. when i crank it the driveshaft turns. i have fuel at the rail. (i don't know what the pressure, gauge at work can't get till monday) but i get fuel with key on and the pump runs.

+1
    a tip leave the belt cover off sounds like two problems but could just be s/c orientated as it lost rpm and died, and you say it dont crank, how long was the water in the hull between rides, i would check all electrical connections for corrosion and startermotor, and then i would remove the belt and spin the pulleys or vise versa.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo250x View Post
    last time i was out my exhaust hose came off and i put here half way under water. i was able to clear the water out and run it for some time with no problems. so today when i took the ultra out. i was riding for about 10 minutes and it started to drop rpm/s and die out and then it would not restart. i got a new battery and re-tried still nothing. with the plugs out, it cranks over fine. but when i put the plugs back in. it has trouble trying to turn over. i removed the belt and checked the supercharger, turning fine along with the idler pulley. when i crank it the driveshaft turns. i have fuel at the rail. (i don't know what the pressure, gauge at work can't get till monday) but i get fuel with key on and the pump runs.

put in new plugs. make shure no water is in oil. check belt tension with proper tool.

belt cover is removed. i did turn the charger and pulleys both rotate with ease. as for the water being in the hull maybe a hour at tops. all was torn apart before corrosion and or rust could set in. had to pull intercooler and all of that out on lake so i could re-install exhaust hose so i could get the ultra back on the trailer. oil was changed and new plugs where put in. i just notcied this found when i crank the motor over the driveshaft turns. but when i try to turn it by hand(with adjustable wrench on shaft) it won't budge with the plugs out. shouldn't this turn freely.

+1
    why does everyone say put in new plugs its not a twostroke lawn mower, sounds like your pump has shit to me any scraping sounds? or through hull bearing

no scrapping noises. something def. feels like its jamming.

+1
    pull the pump

Quote Originally Posted by turbo250x View Post
    no scrapping noises. something def. feels like its jamming.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    a tip leave the belt cover off sounds like two problems but could just be s/c orientated as it lost rpm and died, and you say it dont crank, how long was the water in the hull between rides, i would check all electrical connections for corrosion and startermotor, and then i would remove the belt and spin the pulleys or vise versa.

Hey nic my lawnmower plugs outlast the ultra plugs 2 to 1.

pulled the pump. pump def needs some re-working but that is not my problem. i bumped it over with the pump and impeller removed still not cranking right. im wondering if my starter took a shit. it was under water. i can see it being able to supply enough torque possibly with out plugs out ,but when the plugs are in not. that or i have a internal engine problem

+1
    well you know where to look then the, only giving advise on what info you are giving and the variables keep changing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information