Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

02 Ultra 130 Di no spark Please Help!!!

I have a 2002 Kawasaki Ultra 130. I am not getting any spark

I have been looking for a manual but cannot find a pdf one any idea where I can get one for cheap?

Any Ideas on commen problems with these and/or what to test?

The dealership said the stator and/or the ecu but the ecu was replaced before when it was under warrenty (I am not ruling out that it is bad again but I just thought that I would mention that it has been replaced before). and the stator on these the is just the generator correct? the pulser is seperate I believe?

What wires are the pulser coil? any Idea on the specs when testing resistance?

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xprider02 View Post

We had one a few years back. I had some electrical problems with mine and posted about it but didnt get much help. I researched the Ultra130 off of GH and found that electrical issues, particularly ECU failures, are imminent. Apparently, its only a matter of time until the ECU fails and/or the electrical problems start. Once mine started acting up, the consensus was to get rid of the ski, which I did.

My guess is that your ecu may have shit the bed for a second time. Good luck. I hope thats not the case. I was told that working used ECUs are impossible to find used and cost an ungodly amount of money new.

Thanks for the reply!! I hope it is not the ecu but if it is it is I guess.

Anyone with any info on testing the pulser or ecu or the rest of the ignition system?

I need a manual any Idea of where to get a pdf one for cheap?

I got a manual and did the resistance tests and peak voltage tests, etc

Everything seems to be good except the ecu. It all points to the ecu as far as I can tell. I just want to make sure it is the ecu before I spend a thousand bucks on one.

ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO TO CONFIRM ITS THE ECU? (Short of putting a new one in there and seeing if it has spark of course! Because I don't have that option)

Anyone know where to get a good used one or a new one cheap?

do they make them aftermarket?

Thanks

The problem is, youll get another ecu and it will just blow again. They cost BIG money new and are nearly impossible to find used. Youre already going on your third one...

My advice is to find a used ecu (if you can) get it running, and sell it. I know this is not what you want to hear but this is exactly what people told me when ours started acting up. People will pay decent money for a fuel injected ski.. and not everyone knows about the ecu issues.. some people will think 'kawasaki, fuel injected, good deal'.

Good luck man. Only the dealer can really confirm that the ecu is shot (by hooking it up to their diagnostic software)..

+1
    You can speak to these guys and see what they have to say. They repair EMM's.

http://www.dfitechnologies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xprider02 View Post
    I have a 2002 Kawasaki Ultra 130. I am not getting any spark

I have been looking for a manual but cannot find a pdf one any idea where I can get one for cheap?

The dealership said the stator and/or the ecu but the ecu was replaced before when it was under warrenty (I am not ruling out that it is bad again but I just thought that I would mention that it has been replaced before). and the stator on these the is just the generator correct? the pulser is seperate I believe?

What wires are the pulser coil? any Idea on the specs when testing resistance?

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks

I have a friend that works at a local kawi dealer and we hooked it up to the software. It is deffinitly the ecu/emm I did talke to dfi technologies I think I am going to have them fix it. Thanks for all the help I will let you guys know what happens

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

DFI=No Worries

Top rate repair service, sometimes communication is less effective then desired, but the results are always a smiley face at a good price compared to a repalcement or salvage ECU.
    A DFI repair does negate the need to move the injector maps which is a huge plus for most folks ( me included)

Okay I still have no spark guys!!!!!!!

Origionally all my testing led up to The EMM being bad

I tested it with the kadiag software and wire and it read code 15 checksum error which basically means the EMM is bad

I sent the EMM off to DFI Technologies and they determined that the EMM is good.

I re-installed the EMM and still had no spark.

I did more testing and looking and realized the shop who worked on it previously removed the stator and it was missing. So I installed a brand new stator and still NO SPARK and now the kadiag software will not communicate with the EMM!!! Which is really frustrating!

I seldumly get speratic spark
    I have brand new spark plugs in the ski
    I have good compression
    the battery is good and has good cranking volts
    I have good resistance readings from the stator, the crank position sensor, the temp sensors, the throttle position sensor, etc
    I tested ac volts from the stator and they check out
    I tested the ignition coils and wire and caps and they are good
    I have good ground everywhere in the ski
    I have good connections at the battery
    The fuses are good

The only thing I can think of is the wiring harness or the kill switch

I messed with the killswitch and even tried another used one and got some spark and go the computer to comunicate speraticly but Im not sure if that is just coinscedence

Any input would be appreciated I need help with this ski it is costing me too much money and time!!!!

Please help

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    i'd take the kill switch out of the equation, since all the usual suspects have been cleared or any wrong doing. From the sparadoic nature of your problem a wire harness issue seems like a real possibility.

if I didn't know better, I'd suspect you're pulling out leg..the stator was missing and you didn't notice that gaping hole where the wires are coming out of the cover?...

you'll need to test each line of the harness..that should take the better part of an afternoon....

suspect ever connection from the cps, to the coils..and then even the plug wires and caps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information