Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

F15-X VS Ultra 260x / Offshore racing

Hi,

It's time to plan for next seasons offshore racing. Im thinking about selling my p-x that i use for CC-racing and try offshore out.

Atm Kawasaki is winning most races as long as there isnt flat water. I'm more of a Honda guy tho and would really like to try one out.

Here in Sweden no1 has ever used a Honda for racing so therefore i'm hoping to get some help from the other side of the Atlantic ocean.

How will the F-15x work compared to Ultra 260 in flat AND choppy waters.
    I'm racing in stock class and I would like to have your suggestions on best possible mods for the Honda.

Also, the F15-X being a turbo-charged pwc, will I have trouble with the turbo being to hot when racing at full speed for 1-2hours?

Would really appreciate some answers.

/ R

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbbin View Post
    Hi,

It's time to plan for next seasons offshore racing. Im thinking about selling my p-x that i use for CC-racing and try offshore out.

Atm Kawasaki is winning most races as long as there isnt flat water. I'm more of a Honda guy tho and would really like to try one out.

Here in Sweden no1 has ever used a Honda for racing so therefore i'm hoping to get some help from the other side of the Atlantic ocean.

How will the F-15x work compared to Ultra 260 in flat AND choppy waters.
    I'm racing in stock class and I would like to have your suggestions on best possible mods for the Honda.

Also, the F15-X being a turbo-charged pwc, will I have trouble with the turbo being to hot when racing at full speed for 1-2hours?

Would really appreciate some answers.

/ R

you should be fine with the "new" Honda.......the 1200 series.....well thats a diffrent story

+1
    Someone was racing the Catalina Island run on a stock 15X and was doing very well running right behind the leader on a Mod Seadoo. He jumped a wave and ended up crashing his valves due to the weak stock valve springs. They were going back with a set of modified valve springs the last that I have heard since the stock 15X was right on the tail to the Mod Seadoos. He did not even have the foot [capture] blocks on the Honda and was still doing amazingly well.
    I would not race any Honda without a set of Nitro/Shawn's valve springs.

The french (I think) rider Botti had a very respectable placing in the recent Karujet on a slightly modded F-15X against the factory Kawi's and Doo's. Bit of a dark horse IMHO.
    Cheers

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    The french (I think) rider Botti had a very respectable placing in the recent Karujet on a slightly modded F-15X against the factory Kawi's and Doo's. Bit of a dark horse IMHO.
    Cheers

Chris.
    Here in Sweden i wont meet any factory skiis tho. All are maxed out
    Ofc I will mod the F-15x as much as possible, but it is enough?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    A couple of kids raced in the Mark Hahn 300 on a bone stock F15 and finished 13th overall and second in manufactered stock class. I think one of the boys was like 18 and they had never raced.
    I think the F15 has a load of potential but due to very low sales volume it will only have the abilities/mods that the mechanical/technical wizards around here come up with. And it seems to me for what these fellows come up with it could probably do well.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    Cheers

Chris.
    That was a MACSBOOST stage II F-15X

Mods to f-15x

Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    Mac have you seen any spring problems in a f15x?

Want over the long run to get your kit.

Stock is very under stressed to ride it.

My 08 is still under warranty may buy extended Honda care. Does your parts require any permanent mods to the engine compartment?

Have an unused f12x module to trade? In box. Bob
    Last edited by caflashbob; 06-07-2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Someone was racing the Catalina Island run on a stock 15X and was doing very well running right behind the leader on a Mod Seadoo. He jumped a wave and ended up crashing his valves due to the weak stock valve springs. They were going back with a set of modified valve springs the last that I have heard since the stock 15X was right on the tail to the Mod Seadoos. He did not even have the foot [capture] blocks on the Honda and was still doing amazingly well.
    I would not race any Honda without a set of Nitro/Shawn's valve springs.
    That was Nick Vanis. I believe Nils (from here) did some work on the ski (motec ecu and stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    A couple of kids raced in the Mark Hahn 300 on a bone stock F15 and finished 13th overall and second in manufactered stock class. I think one of the boys was like 18 and they had never raced.
    I think the F15 has a load of potential but due to very low sales volume it will only have the abilities/mods that the mechanical/technical wizards around here come up with. And it seems to me for what these fellows come up with it could probably do well.
    Honda Guy's son from our club! Carlos Thomas (NorCal) raced his ski last year or the year before in the LB2CAT race. The 15x is a very capable ski (if you can find one). Awesome offshore hull. Bill Cosca (pwctoday) has a fleet of f-12 (for rentals) and owns a 15x and it does very well in seas of Hawaii (decent fuel economy, too).

Quote Originally Posted by supermac View Post
    So a stage 2 FX-15x had trouble keeping up with a full factory Kawa and SeaPoo?

Thats not a very good start. Ofc it might be the pilot who fails, what do I know

I'm really in to trying a Honda for next season but if i'm screwed in hull/enginge performance there is no reason for even trying :/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information