Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Going turbo and need help

HEY ALL i have decided to join the turbo fun but dont have a clueeeeeeeee where to start , from what i know its not just about getting a turbo and slapping it on there is intrenals and externals pumps computer etc etc etc , i can take tjhe easy way and see les at seadoo center but thats going to cost me around 15k and i rather have a go my self so plz any of u with turbos plz put in your 2 cents and maybe a good list of things to get so i know where to start

+1
    Les's Turbo setup is the nuts but its very pricey, pay for what you get tho.

I would look at 1 of the availible kits as it takes out alot of the guess work, TurboTecs kit is very well made.

I would go with the Riva ECU as its the easyest to tune with, one of Rivas RRFPRs and a set off the Bosch 55 injectors should see you to 17-18psi nice and safe I would think.

Obviosly you will need the valvetrain upgrade to cope with the higher rpms.

I would invest in a LM2 AF controler so that you can check your AF ratio as with that much boost things can go bang quickly.

What mods do you have now??? R88

+1
    it really depends on what type of HP you want to make... and what skills you have for fabrication...

if you can't make your own plumbing,
    there are now a few who make the pipes so that would be a start, research that...

knowing your goals you can then size up the turbo, and know how your going to plumb it..

fuel needs can be easily met with the les ecu, an after market walbro, and a rising rate or you can go all out with a stand alone,

other things to consider are the plastic intake manifold can only take so much, and then the headgasket will limit you as well, and there are a few known issues with seadoo IC flexing and leaking..

Just be prepared to have a few issues, and be prepared to spend more money (way less what Les's kit costs) than anticipated,lol.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    I dont think Les is doing re-maps for turbos anymore as there are to many veriables, Obviosly you could get a re-map done for your target boost but his ECUs normally run quite lean so you will end up adding fuel anyway.

R88

just got a reflashed ecu back from Les 3 weeks ago...

he prefer turbo users go stand alone, but he will still do it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_m View Post
    HEY ALL i have decided to join the turbo fun but dont have a clueeeeeeeee where to start , from what i know its not just about getting a turbo and slapping it on there is intrenals and externals pumps computer etc etc etc , i can take tjhe easy way and see les at seadoo center but thats going to cost me around 15k and i rather have a go my self so plz any of u with turbos plz put in your 2 cents and maybe a good list of things to get so i know where to start
    Give Malvin a call at Turbo Tech PR. Malvin has awesome affordable kits and is full of knowledge!! One stop shopping and he ships to the US fairly quickly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    just got a reflashed ecu back from Les 3 weeks ago...

he prefer turbo users go stand alone, but he will still do it
    Fair enough, thanks for correcting me.

The last I had heard he stopped doing them as a few people had moaned that they didnt run right, but then how do you expect him to be able to map it perfect without your setup being with him??? How is your working, no doubt is good knowing Les.

The stand alone is better obviosly but its lots of money. The good thing with stand alone is he can change some things with you over the phone instead of sending it to and from Aus.

R88

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_m View Post
    i can take tjhe easy way and see les at seadoo center but thats going to cost me around 15k
    And it will work.... 1st & 2nd in Pro R/A @ the 2009 world finals & 1st in Pro GP R/A

Photo credit, Havasu Photo/iflyems
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorldFinals-Sunday381.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	192479  

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Who makes turbo plumbing commercially besides malvin?

+1
    If you want a bolt on type kit that works straight off the bat then you can not go past malvins kit. Quality is fantastic.

Malvin is the only person at this stage making pipes commercially.

Les cooke is also making them obviously but i dont know what the story is there.

There have been a few people saying that the pipes will be made for the public but nothing as of yet.

There are pipe adapters out there like the Rad4Racing ones so you can easily make you own pipes but there is still alot of work and you need to know what you are doing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information