Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spark Plug Uprating

Ive been looking around the forum for some new plugs for me ski

Ive done lots of searchs and seen things like getting the NGK bpr8es iridium version for a better spark

Ive been offered Bosch super plus part number 0 242 245 552

Will these be ok or should i replace with stock manual recormend plugs?

thanks
    Neil

stick with the same plug , i tried to get fancy and ordered a set of platinums for my old ford 351 v8 and lemme tell ya it runs like chit i will soon be changing them out and hopefully getting my money back

if you wanna play around with it alot of guys go to 7's insted of 8's but thats your choice and your gamble ,

they really havent came out with real big improvements for spark plugs since they were made

i tell ya keep an eye out for a high compresion heads, bigger carbs , change the reeds

i tell ya take a look at kevins thread for his lady's slt is really really nice

watch this video , always use a spark plug that has a r in it , i had a dummy at advanced auto parts try to tell me its a new part number they will have a r in the part number

Now watching that vid it has made me think that 7's would be better because its taking the heat away from the block

well remember i said its your gamble because the disadvantage of that is that you might run risk of pre detonating which is kinda like a diesel the explosion will happen before its designed to by the heat of the tip of that spark plug

kinda like glow plug work the higher compression diesel engines the hot surface which is just like that stove heating element make the combustion chamber hot will make the fuel flash prematurely ,

and insted of the explosion happening at 4-12 * before tdc it might happen at something like 12-20 way before the momentum of the crank shaft and the degree of the crank shaft can take maximum advantage of it which will create more heat and wear

well im kinda glad and sad i brought that up but i will wait for somebody else to chime in to confirm weather or not its a good idea or worth doing

the manuel says for to run 8s in my machine but when i got it , it had 7s and i had 2-3 hours of wide open enjoyment

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Stick with the stock plugs. They're ALOT cheaper, and you can just replace them every year.

stock ones bought and in cheers guys

What are the stock plugs just got some for my 750 they were the 7es ngk are these right

+1
    I know there are a lot of responses to this question. I can tell you this. In stock applications the factory plug is the best choice in almost every situation. Don't get bit by the snake oil. A lot of people who own a honda or a Toyota swears their little "hatch" just got 20 more hp from the "iridium" plugs. Pure BS. I ran a 10 sec mustang for years and the plug? A motorsport plug ($1.5 that was 3 heat ranges colder (due to large blower and nitrous run together). Stick with the stockers.

+1
    BPR-ES8's are the ones to use. 7's are hotter, your not gonna get major improvement and the hotter they are, the better chance you have for a piston crown meltdown if not paying super close attention. 8's are worry free pretty much ,Always use NGK.. The "R" in the designation is for resistor which means it cuts down on electrical intereference with the ignition system. always use R's not just BR-ES8 BPR-ES8

You can tell because the tip spins off the top of the resistor plugs..

+1
    If you can run BR9ES NGK plugs than I would run those over the BPR8ES plugs. They run cooler which is much better for your engine but they will tend to foul if your engine doesn't like them. If not, then go back to the BPR8ES plugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information