+1

PRO785-LIMITED-RACE-RAM AIR induction

Here is a picture under the front cowling of the race ram air induction, My tuner Matt installed for my last race,
    He said that all skis usually have to pull a vacume to get air in and that takes horse power, this set up actually forces air into the body,

I also installed the Dual Gasser throttle on my SL750 and the kid love the twist throttle, and my wife loves the thumb lever,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CABLE 020.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	192322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CABLE 022.jpg 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	192323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CABLE 023.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	327.4 KB 
ID:	192324  

+1
    Heres my ram air system. A 2 inch Flo-rite to breath and filter the air, and a 4 amp 220 cfm bilge blower.. no vacumn in my ski! manual switch.. blows air right on the stator cover as a cooler for the cover and stator area.. that area in the ski is the hottest. less chance of problems from heat. works great. I have a very stiff hose connected to it so if the ski flips, it will be high in the hull preventing water from getting in.

Its cool too, you can hear the triples pinging thru the Flo-rite!,, I love that sound.lol

Yours is just and natural intake of air flowing in with no restriction correct? or does it have a blower of some sort?

On my louvers up front, I have a veil screen that goes over the louvers back to prevent water from getting rammed in the hull if i sub the bow on a turn.. filters out crap in the air too. water,,bugs,debris,,ete...

Name:	fiberglass repair on the pros bottom. 154.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	192378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiberglass repair on the pros bottom. 155.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	221.9 KB 
ID:	192379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiberglass repair on the pros bottom. 157.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	192380  

+1
    No fan in mine, just a big open hole, they took out my top Extinguisher holder for it to fit,
    Where is yours mounted?
    What does the vail look like? I need something up there, when I get behind someone around the bouys the other skis really kick up a wall of water, but so far what ever water that gets in goes out the duck bill drain,

I re-hooked up my manual drop nozzle set up, but I am thinking of making one of those auto drop ones like Watcon sent me a picture of,

Name:	CABLE 021.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	189.5 KB 
ID:	192393  

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    How do you like your drop nozzle set up?

+1
    It is great for the hole shot off the line,
    to much work for the bouy turns,
    I am going to fab up an auto drop nozzle from Randy's pictures this week,

I will keep you posted,

+1
    i mounted it in the dash. the tube in there was already gone. it just slipped in perfect. Then I cut the tube to the length I wanted before I inserted the unit in there.. I used that foam to keep it from moving around and to seal it somewhat. then I just tie wrapped it to the 3 existing holes. heres a pic from underneath it. you could hard mount it. but i just tie wrapped instead..

you can see the small holes around the big hole there where I tied it to.

I also put foam around the perimeter of the hood and keep the tray in there too. it kept all the water out even after dunking the bow underwater.. worked out pretty good so far. more testing needed! lol

The veil is under the that plate on the hood. you cant really see it. its from riva racing.. you could use landscaping black fibermesh. looks like black fiberglass mat. i could send ya some if you want and then just epoxy it to cover the louvers and air will still be able to enter the louvers.

So how are ya liking the duck bill? does it work awesome or just soso? does it work at all? it looks like it would do the job great. I'd like to get one instead of the drain plug.. anything to help evacuate water from the hull is a plus, exlint is using 2 siphon setups on his ski to evacuate water.. thats a good idea too. free bilge!

I still have a long 5 foot piece of that tough hose here. I was keeping it just in case someone wanted to do the same thing or maybe do something like this on the slt too. If your interested in some of the hose, let me know..

its also flexible enough to point towards you and set it on the mag head while your wrenching inside the ski to cool off! lol nice 30 mph breeze on ya.

i wired it direct to the battery with a fuse and a switch on the vertical next to the steering. dash so if ya fall off the ski, it wont cut you while your going off. its not on the horizontal dash, just the flo-rite is.

Also used some double side butyl type tape on the flo-rite to keep water and vibration to a minmum. wrapped it around it and trimmed the excess off the top of it . then cut the tape with slits and layed it out flat underneath it. snapped right in nice n tight. no leaks. no screws. its in there good. the 3 clips off the flo-rite are tight to the hole.

Name:	fiberglass repair on the pros bottom. 064.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	192435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiberglass repair on the pros bottom. 156.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	192436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiberglass repair on the pros bottom. 090.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	192437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1322.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	192438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1379.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	192453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1248.jpg 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	192454  

+1
    I haven't run it with the duck bill yet, Mine was ripped when I bought the ski, I just put a standard plug in it, until after the race,
    I bought that at Genes Power sports after the race, all of the racers had the duck bill, or 2 duck bills, a lot of the racers had a hand bilge pump, that they used in the tech area,
    I saw a screw in duckbill from speed worx that is supposed to screw right into the 785 hole, and cheap,
    I also put a big sponge in the bilge, and right after each race, when the tech guy lookes at the engine, I sponge out the extra water,
    I noticed that on both of my 785's that I dont have the gasket on the seat, just the gasket on the ski for the seat, I am going to try a home depot black gasket with the adhesive on one side about 3/4" wide to try and stop some spray from getting in,
    I was told that most 785's tend to leak in the back corners under the rub rail,
    I have some of that black mesh that the sand blasters use at the shipyard that I could use for the screen thing,

+1
    Sounds like if they all have the duck bills on them and some have 2, they must work great. That cloth will work just fine. anything to keep large splashes out of the ski is all ya need anyways. You could get some tape foam any size you need for the seat. just superglue the tape to the seat so it doesnt come off. the stock adhesive wont hold up very long racing.

get the foam tape tall, like a 1/2" inch or taller. it will crush when sitting on it to provide a tighter seal.. 1/4" wont really do anything..

My ski doesnt leak a drop of water. i had the ass end under water for some time looking at the engine and nothing.. although, I do want to use 5200 3-m all around the seam of the hull for extra insurance.. just in case it wants to split anywhere.. I ski on a big lake and dont need any water coming in from anywhere.

where do you race? what category? have you come close to winning?

+1
    I entered my first 2 races on May 22nd in Baytown TX. and won both matches, I entered Beginner Runabout Limited and Intermediate Runabout 800cc Limited,
    The next race is in Madisonville TX on june 19th and 20th,
    My kids want to race, they can start at 11 years old on the stand up ones, but they have to be 16 for the runabouts, so I am kind of looking for a old stand up jet ski, something they can play around with,

+1
    Congratulations. thats a feat for the first time racing! i wouldnt mind a race or two myself sometime.

Thread Information