Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

What the heck? Sbt?

After i placed an order for there "2 stroke cylinder exchange" i started looking at reviews for there motors and im upset now because everyone says they are shit. im getting the top end kit from them matched to 3 cylinders that they are re-sleeving for me, then i send them my cylinders. Now i dont see what could possibly go wrong with it, but they havent shipped mine out since there not in stock for 2 weeks and now im very upset after reading EVERYTHING against sbt. Can somebody explain whats the deal? Im doing my own rebuild, but the cylinders and pistons are comming from them matched by them, the reason for rebuilding is because my cylinders are out of spec so i couldnt find a set of pistons for them that will match.

Moderated
    because their quality is crap.

just buy a top end on here.

ps: sleeved cylinders for the gpr are not so great anyway, its due to the way heat dissipates

+1
    What do you mean a top end on here? but the issue is they already billed me, they have to go re-man 3 cylinders then there going to send them out. And if there quality is crap thats fine, but i assure you if they sent me a crap set they would be giving me my money back and sending good ones, i have inner mics that are accurate to .0001" so ill be measuring them once they get to my door, just as i measured mine, and mine are all on the wear limit so its not going to work, if i put a set of oem pistons in it will cost the same as a whole kit from sbt with re-sleeved cylinders. i just find it hard to believe that these cylinders will be such crap, because there still in buisniess.

+1
    everything i bought from SBT on my seadoo failed. From the gaskets, to the top end, to the jetpump rebuild kit, to the wear ring. garbage!

+1
    god damnit. i already paid for it and now i dont even want to use it. i still dont see why its a big deal unless the pistons are shit quality, but im kindof up against the wall now i have no choice

+1
    I have had so-so luck with SBT, and I am a dealer. If you are just doing a top end, you will probably be fine so long as you are leaving it stock. Check the sleeves/cylinders real close to make sure the ports line up correctly before you install them.

+1
    I will check them with a fine tooth comb, but I'm more worried about the quality of there pistons then, a bore is a bore I don't care who did it, a cast iron sleeve installed right and bored and honed right is the same anywhere, and I will check it over with a mic to make sure its within tolerance respective to the piston, but I heard someone say gaskets too? Surely there gaskets will hold there metal gaskets? And what about the pistons I figured there forged.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nunnink23 View Post
    I will check them with a fine tooth comb, but I'm more worried about the quality of there pistons then, a bore is a bore I don't care who did it, a cast iron sleeve installed right and bored and honed right is the same anywhere, and I will check it over with a mic to make sure its within tolerance respective to the piston, but I heard someone say gaskets too? Surely there gaskets will hold there metal gaskets? And what about the pistons I figured there forged.
    pistons are cast, but so are pro x, wsm, and oem

I have never had a problem with their pistons, but I usually go wsm when I need cheap

I have never had a problem with their gaskets, you just cant re-use them

+1
    so whats this i hear about lower compression though? somebody said in one post that sbt lowers there compression ratios to make the engines last longer, which really doesnt make a whole lot of sense but is this the truth? Or is the only thing i should be looking out for is the ports lining up?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nunnink23 View Post
    so whats this i hear about lower compression though? somebody said in one post that sbt lowers there compression ratios to make the engines last longer, which really doesnt make a whole lot of sense but is this the truth? Or is the only thing i should be looking out for is the ports lining up?
    havent really noticed the lower compression thing on Yamis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information