Thread: Intel Chips

Intel Chips

For those interested in computers I suggest you look at this from Intel! Computers are going to be so fast in the future! Now we need to focus on making Flash Hard drives as the future replacement for our current Hard Drives.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/26/i...0-cores-later/

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    That's amazing.....Thanks for the heads up, I was gonna buy one of those core duo notebooks, now I guess I'll wait for the quads!....If they are not over the top expensive!

You know that kind of sucks... Our stuff is not so much becoming obsolete faster as it's becoming more obsolete as they roll out new products. What I meen is you used to be able tl have a computer that would last several years and the next level products would be only a bit better. Now you go get a Dell laptop and in three months they come out with something cheeper and four times as capable... On one hand I love it. But I'm sure that will change when I make a purchase and read the new the next day.

It sounds like a mad crazy chip, can't wait to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkiller
    You know that kind of sucks... Our stuff is not so much becoming obsolete faster as it's becoming more obsolete as they roll out new products. What I meen is you used to be able tl have a computer that would last several years and the next level products would be only a bit better. Now you go get a Dell laptop and in three months they come out with something cheeper and four times as capable... On one hand I love it. But I'm sure that will change when I make a purchase and read the new the next day.

It sounds like a mad crazy chip, can't wait to get one!
    That being said, the typical user will never use the amount of power being offered in most PC's today.

The typical user doesn't do anything more than browse the web, use office some here and there, and check their mail. All done with pretty much the same efficiency as a 2000 Pentium 3 model.

+1
    Try doing some graphic work and get back to me on that. Even a few small 8M pics will eat up system resources, including uProcessor pretty fast.

Buy more Intel chips! Markie needs a new ski!

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys
    Try doing some graphic work and get back to me on that.
    The typical user barely knows how to download pix from their camera much less doing any serious Photoshop etc. work. And those users are probably using a Mac.

What really eats up resources is the bloated OS (and many apps like Word) and all the stupid flash etc. that's going on in the background.

I agree with javierT99 that the pace of PC technology has out paced the requirements of 75% of the buyers out there today.

I think the biggest bottleneck right now is the through put to the media storage system. You wait far longer for the HDD than the CPU, at least for most apps.

I do some fairly intensive 3D CAD work and some of those ops can bog down the CPU something fierce. That's when you remember that CAD systems started out on Unix workstations for a reason.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    totally agree only graphics users will need something like that

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I too used AutoCAD and it slows the machine drastically.

Thread Information