Thread: 2008 RXT-X

2008 RXT-X

Ok I value all the opinions on here so I am going to ask for some input on a 2008 RXT-X. Like most on here, I sit back and read without posting because yall know more about this than I do. I have a 07 RXT and want another ski. I found a good deal on a new (0 hours) 2008 RXT-X and was wondering about the cracked hull on that model. I only ride in freshwater lakes and rivers with no chop. Should I look at this hull problem as a deal breaker? I wanted an X when I got the RXT but I cant spend the money for a 2010 and this is a pretty good deal. I have looked at several threads about the hull but dont still havent talked my self out of buying it yet. Any idea on the percentage of X's sold with cracked hulls? Any advice would help.

+1
    I love mine and yes it cracked. If you buy it, fill the pump tunnel void and reinforce the tunnel. If you do that you should not have any problems.

+1
    I agree. Mine does have some stress cracks but I love it and if they get worse I will do the repair. If you figure a repair into the cost it won't hurts as bad if it does.

+1
    If I had to do it again I would have reinforced it before it cracked. I knew of the problem, but did not get off my lazy butt and do it. I had the attitude that it wont happen to mine.

+1
    Mine had hair line cracks in the pump tunnel too, after about 30 hrs. I did the tunnel fix myself and reinforced the tunnel inside the hull aswell, with advice i found on here.

The other thing i would recommend is to pull the charger from the ski, if you buy it.. and replace the stock metal clutch washers with the Riva ones, that you can buy in the online store...or send the charger to Jerry, who will do this for you. There have been instances of these stock washers failing. I know this to my cost, as mine let go at 38 hrs and damaged the motor.

I wouldn`t change the ski for anything though.

+1
    Another 08 t-x, 40 hrs tunnel crack thru gel coat in intake area. Did you do your repairs? If so, any links on how you did it? I assume you have to cut a hole in the top of the tunnel to fill it w/epoxy? Hear many stories on it cracking again, so wondering if should save $ to go towards 2010 t-x. Ride in fresh water rough lakes, 3-5 foot chop, etc. R & d grate, solas 14/22 impell and riva bolt ons. Thanks for any help. How many hrs since your repair and what's your riding style?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by waterking1733 View Post
    Ok I value all the opinions on here so I am going to ask for some input on a 2008 RXT-X. Like most on here, I sit back and read without posting because yall know more about this than I do. I have a 07 RXT and want another ski. I found a good deal on a new (0 hours) 2008 RXT-X and was wondering about the cracked hull on that model. I only ride in freshwater lakes and rivers with no chop. Should I look at this hull problem as a deal breaker? I wanted an X when I got the RXT but I cant spend the money for a 2010 and this is a pretty good deal. I have looked at several threads about the hull but dont still havent talked my self out of buying it yet. Any idea on the percentage of X's sold with cracked hulls? Any advice would help.
    WALK AWAY! Here's two threads detailing my nightmare!

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?108947-Professional-T-X-Tunnel-Repair-has-FAILED-AGAIN!!!&highlight=tunnel+crack

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?90784-Bilge-Pumps-saves-T-X-from-sinking-Carbon-Ring-Toast&highlight=tunnel+

I'm NOT trying to be a pain, but you need to know about the potential tunnel problems on several 08 T-X's. Make an informed decision and then live with it!

Good Luck
    Last edited by jpt7779; 06-30-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Thread Information