Thread: How -to -Videos

+1

How -to -Videos

While making all my videos and some of you all also.. I though it would be a great Idea to make an album of "how to videos" for everyone to learn, watch, and see exactly how to do stuff on your skis..

I thought the first page of the thread could be edited as videos are put up so that anyone looking at the first page, could stroll thru the first page to get to the video they need.

for example.. replacing a stator would be post 17 and a florite would be on post 123 something like that. just state what it is and the post it is. that way you can access it fast instead of paging thru hundreds of posts looking for the one you need.

If you make a video, talk clearly, hold camera still and give a quick narritive of what your doing. have all your parts and tools ready before you make the vid so its not more than a min or 2 max.

Also include the sizes of wrenches, sockets, ete, you need to do the job.

Whatcha think? It could turn out to be a huge thread. maybe make it a sticky thread..

It could be as easy as installing a intake grate or difficult as testing a stator, or installing a piston pin or setting in a new crank in the cases.

If the info is wrong on any of the videos, it can be modified until its correct. you guys be the checker!

Whatcha think?

Bowsniper if your vids are as long as some of your posts than you might need more than a minute or two. Maybe 10 to 15 minutes. j/k lol Great idea could really be helpfull to me and others. Everyone has to start somewhere.

+1
    Love it I can add an index to specific vids.. Like this thread>>> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...65&postcount=2

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Where is your MSX 1500 in that list?

+1
    Well, I'll start it then. Like I said, if any videos are wrong or misinformation is given, that vid has to be changed or removed. these will be used by many people in the future and you can't be giving out wrong info..(opps, that was me saying a 100ft lbs on a impellor) opps. get your facts right before you post the vid.

Maybe keith can transfer some of his videos to the thread. he has a bunch of good ones.

This may be the only tech info someone may have to repair thier ski. Not counting the million written posts on here.

Even adding MODS would be cool videos too. like trim tabs.. or adjusting the sponsons.

just go by the manuel , or clearly state this is how you like to do it and is not recommended

+1
    Sounds like a good idea. Although, as we all know, manuals are not always correct from mis prints or outdated material,or better techniques are found. Sometimes the pictures are not complete or dont show details.

Some people cant visualize a 3-d picture of whats going on from written words.

For example, when i was taking apart my trim motor. there was no close up of the gear configuration. if ya had a video to watch, you could get it togther.. mine is still in pieces..

or,How to knock out the bearings on a stator pump. it's a little confusing telling someone by writing about it. much easier just to show them the video.

Thread Information