Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: SPEED?

  1. #1

    Question SPEED?

    How fast is the 250? According to the spec sheet it has 1525 ft/lbs of thrust compared to the 900 ft/lbs that the 15F has so it should have awesome holeshot.. but what about top speed?

    Keith


  2. #2
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    it's not even in produtction how can we say it's gps or rAdar speed

    knowing the kawi speedos it's rtprobably pegged at 80mph

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    it's not even in produtction how can we say it's gps or rAdar speed

    knowing the kawi speedos it's rtprobably pegged at 80mph
    My 15 and STXR had a limit of 70 and it would always say 70 even if I was doing 50.
    So in tradition to Kawi perfectly calibrated speedo, Im to assume it will read up to 99 at speeds of 60 and up.

    Now Im going to be hearing this at the lake from some balding man using it as a tube tower. " Ya my Ski hits 99 easily"

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by KMANIAN
    How fast is the 250? According to the spec sheet it has 1525 ft/lbs of thrust compared to the 900 ft/lbs that the 15F has so it should have awesome holeshot.. but what about top speed?

    Keith
    Hey Keith, it's good to have you on this site, I cannot wait to race you sometime next year

  5. #5
    tomgtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Weston Florida (Ft. Lauderdale)
    Posts
    1,744
    +1
    1
    There are some posts that it is doing just under 73mph on GPS. Readings
    from dealer personnel who rode it at the Kawa dealer show. Hold on......!

  6. #6
    way2fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    Posts
    4,009
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    it's not even in produtction how can we say it's gps or rAdar speed

    knowing the kawi speedos it's rtprobably pegged at 80mph
    I'm sure the ones being tested at the dealer meet and the demos out west are production machines. Kawi is probably building them at maximum plant output right now in anticipation of all the orders they will have to fill !

    Richard

  7. #7
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Richard. I'm still hearing March/April, so anything before then might be icing on the cake.

    Hopefully Kawasaki remembers that it's warm in Arizona ALL YEAR ROUND, and will ship some this way in Dec! Maybe Santa will have some on his sleigh.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    I'm sure the ones being tested at the dealer meet and the demos out west are production machines. Kawi is probably building them at maximum plant output right now in anticipation of all the orders they will have to fill !

    Richard
    I agree the little Kawi Elfs are busy busy busy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP Stock top speeds?
    By dgmoore in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 05:25 PM
  2. My Stock Speed
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 10:41 PM
  3. Speed venturi from PPG...
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 08:57 AM
  4. Not much talk about Speed Venturi?
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 07:47 AM
  5. Speed Run Today
    By Peligroso in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •