+1

Finally Got 785 Running And Rode It A Few Final Questions

Finally, after many months of puttering I got my 785 running and took it to the lake. It ran well I was happy. Its quick. Thanks 785 LUGZ, John Zigler and everyone else on here for the parts and help. A couple questions:
    1. When I got it the trim linkage was missing. There are several positions to put the plastic piece and pin on the trim shaft. Can I just trim it on the mfd to the center position and then make sure the nozzle is level?
    2. How can I plumb it to flush it on a garden hose? I don't believe I can just run a hose into the water rail in the head like on my SLTX?

Thanks,
    Ryan

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Get it all put together regardless of the position. When it is all together, hold the bilge button (to allow the trim motor to operate without the motor running) and trim button either up or down all the way until you hear it click a couple of times at the back and the MFD registers either full up or down trim. It will sound like it is breaking, but it is normal. It will now be synchronized with the MFD.

I prefer to use a garden hose barb and flush it from the water inlet hose.

+1
    So it should self synchronize itself? I put it where I thought it should go and went riding it for an hour already. At first the trim position didn't register at all on the mfd. Then the trim display lit up and started working. I think know I went up all the way but maybe not down all the way. When I took it out of the water with the trim display in the middle the nozzle was pointed down. I know that not right. Maybe I need to adjust the rode by screwing it in or out?

Which is the water inlet hose the one going from the jet to the tube with all the small lines running out of it to the exhaust?

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Either have the engine running or press the blue bilge button at the same time as pressing the trim button up...it will start to click after a few seconds. This is basically the trim moving to the upper extreme and the safety clutch allowing the motor to turn but not force the trim up any further...watch your MFD while pressing the trim button and listen for the click and keep holding it until the MFD registers full up. Now, depending on the starting position of your trim, the MFD may register full up before you hear the click. Just keep holding the trim button up until you hear the click.

Hope that made sense...

As far as the water line, if you find the red water manifold with 6 hoses coming out of it, follow the big line to the back of the hull. This is your water inlet hose....find yourself a hose barb to connect a garden hose to the end of this one. Some may prefer the reverse flushing, but I like to flush mine this way.

Thread Information