Thread: I need help

I need help

Alright this is gonna be kinda long but if someone could give me some info i would be incredably greatful, il start off by saying im not rich im just one of millions that bust there ass and get no where, no body lends a hand. work all day and have nothing. but i got an amazing deal on my second jet ski which was a 2004 sea rxp 215, i got it from my buddies dad that got it in a devorce and it sat in a garage for 2 summers, so i bought it on the condition knowing the supercharger was bad and the more i looked into it, its pretty common. so i call around. everyone wants 500 for the super charger and 1000 to put it in, so i looked into pulling it out myself, pretty simple, did that in about 45 minutes, so i took the hit and bought the new super charger today, go to put it in the way the old one came out and it goes in untill i get to the gears,...... i tryed for almost 2 hours working them in, im scared to force it in bc i dont wanna break the housing on the new supercharger or break any of the teeth off. i dont know if there is a trick or secret to get the gears to line up. but once i get them lined up and bolted in it should be less then an hour before i can be done with the hoses and all that simple stuff. but any info on how to line up the gears would be a wonder at this point

+1
    you said the original supercharger is bad. if that was the case, you shouldn't run the motor until you have gotten all the pieces of the clutch washers out...assuming that that's what's wrong with it when you say "bad".

and the installation, just jiggle it while pushing it in.

Different amount of teeth on the gears??

Bryan

There are the same amount of teeth on both of the supercharger and its not possible to jiggle it I'm just lost at this point I didn't know if there is a trick or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Five 0 View Post
    Different amount of teeth on the gears??

Bryan

+1
    Use your fingers to slightly turn the SC impeller as you slide it the rest of the way in, should go in easy. Make sure to grease the two o-rings too tho ...

Gotta add tho ... if the original SC was bad, and it sat for two years, there are quite a few potential issues and things to check ... look at the valve stems (pull the intake and exhaust) to make sure they are not rusty, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Vern; 06-08-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added

Thread Information