Thread: cheap speed

cheap speed

i have a 2000 xpl what are some easy relitivly cheap upgrades like in the 200$ range ? thanks to any help!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    nothing really in that dollar range. you may be able to find used parts such as a prop, nozzle kit, intake grate, f/a's and rejet kit. other than that parts are $$$$ for big speed Like a Rossier Pipe, Factory Pipe, Bigger carbs, pump upgrade ect.

+1
    Proks and a re-jet of the carbs.

It will gain a little on top, but mainly the acceleration is better and they run better overall.

Besides, just getting rid of that stock air box is worth the price of admission if you ever have to do anything else to it.

The XPL is not a drag racer. It is a bouy racer. Acceleration an turning are its strong points (once it is on a plane, that is, they do not come out of the hole well compared to other hulls).

The stock prop is pretty much the best to run on one. You can mess with the pitch some but if you are not adding compression and tightening the squish you are wasting your time and may end up with a blown engine.

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    Proks and a re-jet of the carbs.

It will gain a little on top, but mainly the acceleration is better and they run better overall.

Besides, just getting rid of that stock air box is worth the price of admission if you ever have to do anything else to it.

The XPL is not a drag racer. It is a bouy racer. Acceleration an turning are its strong points (once it is on a plane, that is, they do not come out of the hole well compared to other hulls).

The stock prop is pretty much the best to run on one. You can mess with the pitch some but if you are not adding compression and tightening the squish you are wasting your time and may end up with a blown engine.
    Ditto! I am running a PPG level 1 in my wife's 99XPL. It's been in since I bought the ski new. Your ski will run stronger and longer with a properly tuned (and I emphasize properly) tuned jetting kit, especially if you get rid od the OE air intake and replace it with Proks.
    Robert V

+1
    97 XP ride plate. it's good for a couple mph on top.

Thread Information