R&D trim wings and ride plate extension kill mph? or worth it ?

I dont ride ocen that often.

Currently just have the R&D ride plate extension and stock 96xp trim tabs on back of boat is that even worth it or sell it?

I found a set of trim tabs for 10 bucks from a buddy that would complete the package but ready group k.com they say loss of 2 mph with the whole setup.

Thanks let me know thoughts.

96xp

been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    i would think hull extender would give you no more or less but maybe it gives you lil more top.... it helps with porpusing mainly..

trim tabs are probably more for keeping balance, but i still havent tested mine out...just going off stipulation

hull extension will rob top speed get the 3 degree r&d trim tabs, they'll help with stability and won't cost you speed.

been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    hull extension will rob top speed get the 3 degree r&d trim tabs, they'll help with stability and won't cost you speed.
    he allready has them i think, just debating whether to sell them or not i thought...

Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    Like Jersey785 says, lose the extended ride plate and use ONLY the 3 deg trim tabs. Tests have proven that this is the best all around set-up for an X4.
    Robert V

cool i'll drop the r&d ride plate extension piece and go with the 3 degree tabs

I have done quite a bit of experimenting with aftermarket trim tabs and I can tell you the best solution is what I found out from some friends and this may be in a Sea-Doo racing manual. I can't remember the exact thickness for the plexiglass but, all you need is a couple strips of plexiglass to put into the rectangular spots on your original stock trim tabs.

When you take off the stock trim tabs you'll see the little spots where you can put the pieces of plexiglass into and then bolt them back onto the ski. The goal is to make it so that when you put a straight edge along the bottom of you ski the trim tabs are the same as the hull.

My 96XP is stable as a rock when I'm standing on the very back of it when doing a speed run. Take off the stock trim tabs and I think you can see what I'm talking about. Just put the plexiglass piece into the slots of the trim tabs.

Thread Information