+1

Need 951 DI Help Please

I have a friend that has a 2003 XP DI that has had a serious deto problem in the PTO cylinder. It shows all the signs of a lean siezure including piston damage and aluminum flakes everywhere, poor compression compared to the MAG cylinder.

I know the 03 DI engines have a long history of fuel pump problems, but this appears to be limited to or at least much worse in one cylinder. I must ID the source of the deto problem before I put a new top end on it or it will simply repeat the problem.

Starting with the injectors, fuel rail, pump, filter etc, what is the best way to find the problem? Any DI experience out there would be appreciated.

+1
    Don't forget to think about it being an air leak. Don't just assume its not getting fuel. DI = Don't invest

+1
    An air leak would be a possiblity, but not as likely with an engine that has never been apart. Most air leaks occur very early on in an engine's life cycle. It's funny that you have a link to Dale's. They have a pretty good history with the DI models. My buddy lives in Arlington and may have to contact a dealer for some diagnostic help. I need to find out if there is any info on BUDS for the injectors or a flow bench to test the rail.

+1
    Dale is great. I buy almost eveything I can from him. I dowloaded the XP DI book from here or pwctoday. There is flow charts and all that jazz. I had my battle with one of those and lost/gave up. If I were the owner of that ski I would take it in and get an estimate and if you don't want to spend what it takes to fix it then sell it. I think I spent 40 hours working on it before I gave up.

Thread Information