bad news about my jet pump

So I dropped off my 97 sltx because the drive shift had excessive play (check out my other post if needed)

Well, they want to replace the jet pump....the entire thing!? 700$ for parts 300$ in labor

I'm going to use the tear down and rebuild on here, because they are crazy. I dont know why they can't just rebuild it but whatever.

what do you all think?!

Well i just went through of all of that...

and the labor was not hard at all unless you break a bolt off into the wear ring...

other than that it was a breeze.

post some pics of the jetpump

im no pro or nothing but on my pro 1200 i replaced the Stator with everything in it... The jetpump housing or wearring and the Impeller and bolts a total cost of around of around $600 and the only reason it was that much is because of the broken bolt issue i had. if that bolt wouldnt have broke and if i went with a reconditioned impeller it would have ran me a total of $200

what was it you bought? i will post pictures when i take it off. its still at the dealer and im only 50 bucks in. they havent even ran what was "broke" by me. just not happy

+1
    post pics you should not have to spend more then a couple hundred on it to fix it
    THERE HIGH !!!!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

I bought a new ss 6 vein stator $200 < this is all that i really needed

new solas impeller $200 (which i would not recommend) <-- ordered Via studitity

jet pump housing/ Wear ring $200 <-- only reason i needed this was because of that broken bolt

in your case you may just need a jetpump rebuild kit around $50

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutesltx View Post
    what was it you bought? i will post pictures when i take it off. its still at the dealer and im only 50 bucks in. they havent even ran what was "broke" by me. just not happy

and remember if you need an extra set of hand s im in your area!

well the gentleman i bought it from put on a brand new wear ring and bearings last year (maybe 5 hours ago on the machine) i just dont think he did it right. hopefully it'll just be the stator (im assuming i must have messed something up) what did you purchase bearing wise etc, the small stuff need replacing?

Why did you need a new stator? and k447, you mentioned in my first post it might be the bearings in the jet pump stator that failed/impeller stub shaft bearings are you referring to part number 3514008 (2 needed) what scares me is the extra part number 3610043,SEAL,BRG,STATOR that i found in the tool kit..hmmmm

i'll have it pulled out tomorrow and will let everyone know

ryandi2-appreciate it i'll let you know once i have everything pulled

k447 i've been studying!!!

and the jet pump rebuild kit, i might just order it for quickness too, where and what part number, im near partsunlimited which is great, AND partsland.com,which is located right outside my city, they had my float kit in 3 days!!

if you need an impellor SBT will do an exchange for 25 + shipping. there are sources for the 2 bearings and 2 seals to rebuild the pump assembly there is info here try searching. i had a link that gave you the part numbers i tried 2 send it 2 you but the link is no longer good. u just need part numbers 4 the seals and bearings and they can be purchased through industrial suppliers. going to polaris dealersip is costly for the seals and bearings (personal experience). i'm not sure about a pump rebuild kit i didnt find one when i did mine but $50 doesn't sound too bad if it includes the seals, bearing and all the o rings and stuff.

sharps marine has stainless wear rings for around 150. these are great and will last forever. if yours was replaced 5 hours ago it should be fine, though. do you're research and let everybody here help you this is a great group of guys, very knowledgeable. pumps are not so hard to rebuild and like lugs said couple hundred should have u going.

it's not 2 hard to check your driveshaft. you do need a dial indicator and a magnetic mount for the dial indicator. these can both be purchasd very reasonably from harbor freight. i would definitely check it yourself unless u live close 2 sharps and they can do it for u. i have had some personal bad experiences with dealers regarding driveline issues.

hang in there. this is fun.
    Last edited by pslt780; 06-08-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling

I found this site: http://www.watercraftsuperstore.net/.../600SB301.html

59 for the seals and bearings doesnt sound bad (the bearings are like 22 each from partsland) my only concern is I'd still want the bearing for the stub shaft but who knows until i take it all apart. The impeller and wear ring again were new, so I'll check the state of those, but I like the idea of the SS. I spoke to the old owner, my impression was he used the machine in salt water, closed it up for the season, and i think when i went out on it the bearings went kaput. I spoke to the dealership, they tried telling me I'd need a new extension blah blah blah. I just wanted it rebuilt and resealed but whatever. I don't think they priced the impeller etc.

Why would I need new anything (other then seals and bearings) if things look ok? The new stator (6 vein) would be nice but not needed right?

I'll be running over the removal rebuild again tonight and take a crack at it tomorrow or Thurs, keep you all updated and get some pics.

Thanks again for the help

Thread Information