Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010 rxt

2010 rxt

been thinking about a new 2010 rxt. rode a rxt x and liked it but not the mostly black color. i like the rxt is 260 realy like the yellow but its a 120 lb heaver and i don't know about the supension. so here's what i'm thinking, the 2010 rxt in yellow (like the yellow it match my 04 rxp and 03 gtx) and making it a sleeper. x charger rxt x ecu (international model to try do away with the gps), injectors, prop and a i'c. or the x charger with a after market fan with a riva ecu if they come out with one. what do u think i there any other difference between the rxt 215 and the rxt x 260.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 06-09-2010 at 07:56 PM.

You would be better off buying the RXT-X and painting it yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
    +1

too much stuffing around.

Quote Originally Posted by XtRmn8 View Post
    no, you wont have a sleeper then. i ran my gtx against a 2010 rxt x in some what smooth water and beat him 2 out of three times he would get me out of the hole about a ski, but once i get going (i don't have trim) i ran down the rxt x and passed it. very different story in the chop the rxt x will burn me up. thats why i'm thinking about getting a 2010 rxt like the yellow it will match my other 2 skis and the money i save over the rxt x i can use for mods.

Wink

This is one of the funniest post I've seen. Looks like you have too much time on your hands and you're thinking about this too much.

Why don't you buy an RXT-X and duct-tape some 1995 TigerShark parts to it, put a fishing-pole holder and a fishing pole on it, a fishing net, strap a cooler on the back and call it a sleeper?

Seriously though, I think that you'll be wasting a lot of time and money if you wanted a "sleeper" machine. I have a yellow RXT iS 255 and I love it. Hardly any other PWC comes close to it around here, and I love it when I'm just playing around on the lake and some kid rides up to me and starts racing... Then I smile, trim the VTS, set my suspension (if the water is choppy) and open the throttle up. The kiddie machines can't keep up, and the others like the big Yamahas or Kawasakis can't keep up in the chop with my suspension... Beats them hands down and they back off immediately. My machine is completely stock and it tops off at 112KM/H (70MPH) on GPS, with no problems, and it rips your arms off during take-off... How's THAT for a sleeper?!

Quote Originally Posted by WaveKing View Post
    This is one of the funniest post I've seen. Looks like you have too much time on your hands and you're thinking about this too much.

Why don't you buy an RXT-X and duct-tape some 1995 TigerShark parts to it, put a fishing-pole holder and a fishing pole on it, a fishing net, strap a cooler on the back and call it a sleeper?

Seriously though, I think that you'll be wasting a lot of time and money if you wanted a "sleeper" machine. I have a yellow RXT iS 255 and I love it. Hardly any other PWC comes close to it around here, and I love it when I'm just playing around on the lake and some kid rides up to me and starts racing... Then I smile, trim down the VTS, set my suspension (if the water is choppy) and open the throttle up. The kiddie machines can't keep up, and the others like the big Yamahas or Kawasakis can't keep up in the chop with my suspension... Beats them hands down and they back off immediately. My machine is completely stock and it tops off at 112KM/H (70MPH) on GPS, with no problems, and it rips your arms off during take-off... How's THAT for a sleeper?!
    took the words out my mouth. Too much of a waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by WaveKing View Post

Seriously though, I think that you'll be wasting a lot of time and money if you wanted a "sleeper" machine. I have a yellow RXT iS 255 and I love it. Hardly any other PWC comes close to it around here, and I love it when I'm just playing around on the lake and some kid rides up to me and starts racing... Then I smile, trim the VTS, set my suspension (if the water is choppy) and open the throttle up. The kiddie machines can't keep up, and the others like the big Yamahas or Kawasakis can't keep up in the chop with my suspension... Beats them hands down and they back off immediately. My machine is completely stock and it tops off at 112KM/H (70MPH) on GPS, with no problems, and it rips your arms off during take-off... How's THAT for a sleeper?!
    yes maybe. but thats what every body said about my gtx sell it and buy a rxt. i played with it over the years and have a nice machine now running close to 73 on a full tank of gas. i enjoyed what i did, not many will bet it and when they do i get my rxp out running a slow 82. i love it when i smoke someone on my old 03 185 gtx sc. yes maybe i have to much time on my hands that why i moded my rxp like a lot of other people did. i guess they had to much time on their hands too. for those of u who just want to ride a stock machine do that. and don't cry about someone doing something different. i was asking for advice on correct mods not some insults. my gtx was a lot more work than it will take to do this 2010 rxt.

+1
    Yellow Jacket... why don't you come down to Smith Mountain Lake for our next Poker Run on August 21st. I promise you will have a blast! This lake is perfect for a 2010 RXT-X.

Hey, you know, you're right... I didn't mean for it to sound like an insult or anything. Honestly, if you want to do that, then that's cool and I'll respect that.

The issue is that you want it to look like a sleeper. That's the part that I don't understand. Most people with RXT's may want to mod them, and maybe one day, I'll decide to mod my RXT IS as well... But I think I speak for pretty much 99.9% of modders when I say that they ALSO want their machine to LOOK fast as well, not "degrade" the looks just to fool someone into thinking its not fast.

You got your 03 GTX and maybe it didn't LOOK like a fast machine, but it sure was. Now, what I completely don't understand is why you would spend time (and money) on a beautiful new and fast-looking machine to change its appearance? Why not just buy an old machine and mod it to go 80+ or whatever you're aiming for? Isn't that what modders do, and isn't that how you create a sleeper?? Oh hell, I'd be PISSED if some guy on an 1995 single-seater whipped my ass going 80MPH. THAT would be a real sleeper. The stealthy design of these new Sea-Doos make them look fast, and you can't hide that appearance, at least not without spending a lot of money or doing something crazy to the plastics, etc. THAT is what I don't understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yellow Jacket... why don't you come down to Smith Mountain Lake for our next Poker Run on August 21st. I promise you will have a blast! This lake is perfect for a 2010 RXT-X.
    been wanting to get back down to smith mountin lake again. i'll haft to check out the poker run thanks. u ever run lake anna

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information