Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rebuilding Carbs on Waveraider 1100

Ok so im in need of rbuilding the carbs on my raider and called yamaha and they said that it would be around 50 for the kit per carb. and about an hours work per carb at i think 60an hour. My question is should i just bring them the carbs to rebuild or attempt to do it myself? I would rather pay the extra money to get it done right hte first time instead of possibly wasting 50 on a kit and thn messing up on that carb. What do you guys think?

+1
    If you are uncomfortable doing them and want them done right, send them to OsideBill. He is a reputable carb rebuilder here and does work that is second to none.

+1
    Stock raider carbs are basic....there is no confusing "pump" section on the 38's since you have an external fuel pump. You can handle it....basic tools is all you need....but if your in doubt...Bill does do quality work.

M

+1
    Any idea how much he charges? If i was to do it i would have my dads help. He knows alot about auto stuff and he has a ton of tools at his house. We have taken the engine out of this b4 and done the rear seals. And we have done tons of work on my full size blazer. Im just wondering if this would b a new and different field then say automotive type stuff. Where would i go to get a manul for the mikuni carb?

+1
    Take some initiave and explore your skills....they are VERY simple man....

do yourself a favor and learn how to do it. Your pretty much taking something out, and replacing rubber parts. You will save yourself time and money, plus will gain that nice feeling of doing something yourself. If you run into trouble, then post a picture or send them off.

+1
    Ok i will order the kits next wed when i get my paycheck. Anyone know were i can get a manuel for the carb?
    BTW Thanks for the help guys!

+1
    Take one apart at a time ...lay out the parts...you can't go wrong....really!

M

+1
    I have found that there are two areas of concern with the 1100 carbs, one is the fuel pump, about 50% of the remote fuel pumps I have rebuilt failed, I do not even rebuild them anymore, I replace them they are cheaper to replace then rebuild IMO. Second is the return restrictor in last fuel line that goes to the tank, everyone I found with this style restrictor was clogged and causing issues. Some 1100 carbs have the restrictors built in each housing, and some have a single restrictor in the return line.

+1
    There was an update that included new parts to cure that "left turn" syndrome that sometimes happend on these skis. There was never an "Official" recall....but was made in case a Customer broght the ski in with those issues.

I'm with Bill...if your fuel pump fails...just buy a new one ...they are decently priced through Boats.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information