Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Anybody For Touring?

I've been looking at all the features and what really excites me about this craft is how well I'll be able to take my long treks in style, comfort and speed. Drink holders, tilt steering, narrowed seat, 20+ gallon tank etc. If I can keep out of the throttle and actually just take in the sites at 60, I'm sure the tank will last an hour. LOL.......With the hull and the weight on this bad boy, it's going to make those three footers bareable. I can't wait to throw a leg over the seat and take her for a nice LOooooooooooooong cruise!!

+1
    Did I mention mamoth storage and reverse?? All made for high speed touring, man you can't sign me up fast enough!!

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    i'm ready for yall to have some seat time so i can decide if i need to sell my ski or not lol

+1
    That's one of my favorite things about my triple piper GPR... the 18 gallon gas tank shoehorned in there. That extra 3 gallons makes a huge difference.

+1
    Nobody else interested in this Kawi as a touring machine??

+1
    Well,
    it IS a performance forum. It's probably surprising to have more than a couple of folks on here that actually consider such things.

If you are STRICKLY talking touring, woulding the ULTRA LX make a ton more sense? No blower and stuff means tons more reliability, and a phenominal range, and probably a SIGNIFICANT weight savings and final sale price close to $1500 cheaper.

+1
    Shall I say Perfomance Touring? I want to see it all and I want to cover some ground, I just want to see it and cover it all real fast!!

this may sound weird....but i bought the rxp because its fast as ****....but i like to do touring also....jus aty high speeds haha

+1
    Most of my riding is for extended distances on the St Johns River. I guess you could call it "touring" although some of the reverse direction, hairpin curves make it seem more like a bouy course. Extra cargo space is welcomed for this type of riding as is a large fuel tank. Having a "cooler" tied to the boarding platform of my skis, filled with extra gas cans (carries two, 2 1/2 gal cans), isn't as practical as having the extra capacity in the fuel tank to begin with. I think the Kawi will get decent fuel range when cruising, but I expect it to drain fuel when running hard. As long as the Ultra can negotiate the turns, I'll be happy.

Richard

I am buying it for touring and to tow my kids on tubes. Just figure not that much price difference between 15F and Ultra, so might as well get Ultra. It will be my first jet ski.

Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    Nobody else interested in this Kawi as a touring machine??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information