Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Mr Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Macon Georgia
    Posts
    451

    New Advent 1300 Ignition Controller Update

    As some of you already know, Advent has been promising us a new fuel/ignition controller for the 1300. I have been in contact with Greg Fischer at Advent for some time now, and he (along with Bill Chapman of R&D) are testing it! Since Bill will be tied up with World Finals, the testing will take a bit longer, but if all goes well the T4 Overlay will be available the end of October. I know Greg worked with Kerry for a few days early on in the development, so it should give the adjustments we need. Each cylinder (fuel delivery rate, ignition advance, etc) can be programmed seperately. Take a look at the attached document and see what the configuration programmer lets you mess with!

    All this doesn't come cheap. Be prepared to fork over $1150.

    Note that Altimeter, Drag Timer, Water/Relay2 are not supported on the GP1300R T4 ignition. These functions are used with snowmobiles and other land racing vehicles.
    Attached Files Attached Files


  2. #2
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    That would be awesome. I really hope they follow thru and really release it this time.

  3. #3
    HopatcongGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,114
    If Greg says end of october 06...he really means end of October of 07...at best.

    He has too many "in house" issues over there to produce products lately.

    Im suprised he is working with R & D again.

  4. #4
    Robsauto2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA.
    Posts
    774
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by HopatcongGPR
    If Greg says end of october 06...he really means end of October of 07...at best.

    He has too many "in house" issues over there to produce products lately.

    Im suprised he is working with R & D again.

    Humm, I sent Greg a defective advent from my GPR, hope it comes back! Its been a week, I thought it would be here by now. Is he reliable?

  5. #5
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Thanks for the update

  6. #6
    HopatcongGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsauto2
    Humm, I sent Greg a defective advent from my GPR, hope it comes back! Its been a week, I thought it would be here by now. Is he reliable?
    typically they do good on the cdi boxes for repairs.

    they have completely dropped the ball on the data tachs and the programable module for the 1200r's.

    greg told me 3 years ago that they where working on getting a programing package out for the gp1200r cdi. he said it would be out sometime after world finals in 03.....

    from what i understand they lost their head programmer sometime ago. since then, things have slowed up.

  7. #7
    Robsauto2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA.
    Posts
    774
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by HopatcongGPR
    typically they do good on the cdi boxes for repairs.

    they have completely dropped the ball on the data tachs and the programable module for the 1200r's.

    greg told me 3 years ago that they where working on getting a programing package out for the gp1200r cdi. he said it would be out sometime after world finals in 03.....

    from what i understand they lost their head programmer sometime ago. since then, things have slowed up.

    OK, thanks Hop, guess I will just wait.

  8. #8
    big83bronco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    326
    Well there goes the neighborhood. Carb guys will be in trouble pretty soon!

  9. #9
    HopatcongGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by big83bronco
    Well there goes the neighborhood. Carb guys will be in trouble pretty soon!
    until someone comes out with 48mm throttle bodies...i highly doubt that.

    big cubes need air.

  10. #10
    big83bronco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by HopatcongGPR
    until someone comes out with 48mm throttle bodies...i highly doubt that.

    big cubes need air.
    It wont be long.........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Advent 1300 efi ignition/fuel controller
    By OCFZR in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-25-2016, 05:50 PM
  2. Anyone tried the new Billet Advent T3 ignition for GPR
    By Tazdog in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:08 PM
  3. Advent 1300 efi ignition/fuel controller
    By OCFZR in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
  4. Any update on the Advent EFI/Ignition controller?
    By Chrisrokc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 11:31 PM
  5. IC + Bkit + new RRECU + Rude fuel controller + injectors...
    By theantiRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •