Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"SENSOR" on display at times

I was riding at lake powell for the holiday weekend, was out on the water for three days, the first two days had no issues at all. On the third day, I switched my stock 38lb injectors for 42's on my 215 rxp because I recently (over the winter ) installed a greenwheel and wanted to see if the injectors would make any difference. A couple of times during idling thru the no-wake zones, the loud beeper would sound and the display would read "SENSOR". Question is, which sensor? This only happened 3 times during the day, and only for about 15 seconds each time. The thing is, it seemed to go away after giving it some throttle and raising engine rpm's.

My guess is that the sensor message means exhaust temp sensor getting hot, and raising engine speed increases water flow thru the exhaust and then it's ok. I made many high speed full throttle runs and never had the warning during those times. I think the injectors have raised the exhaust temperatures due to the extra fuel and that maybe I don't need 42's with the greenwheel. I have a brand new external cooler, so I don't think that it could be plugged already. It was pressure tested before installation.

I can't decide if I need to go back to stock injectors or maybe just change the water restrictor washer for more water flow, maybe an x-charger for more air....

I had the same on my display this past weekend and was wondering the same.

Hopefully someone could chime in.

"SENSOR" on display at times

I had that happen too but it was because I had unplugged the temp/speed sensor instead of my vts connector when i replaced it.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by comish71 View Post
    I had the same on my display this past weekend and was wondering the same.

Hopefully someone could chime in.
    Crap, my 06 did the same last weekend. It went away, came back, went away? Sensor? Wonder if I don't have a good ground on my waterbox or because it is gutted, running hotter?

Which 'sensor' is it?guys ? or hot girls?

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    The "SENSOR" warning describes an issue with an accessory (VTS, lake temp sensor, speed sensor, depth sounder, etc).

It can also mean that the wrong options are selected in the settings area of BUDS (VTS not selected on an RXP, etc) this can happen if the battery has been really low.

It will not be an engine management sensor input (MAP, TPS, etc) as they will give a "Check Engine" warning instead.

+1
    Guys, this is a long shot, but... I got a Sensor reading on my '06 RXT (stock). Ski wouldn't even start... as it turns out, one of the wiring harnesses had partially backed out (came unplugged) out of the MPEM. I actually had one of the plug seals/gaskets become malformed. I removed the seal, snapped the plug all the way in and she roared to life; all the codes cleared. Yeah, it's a long shot, but just make sure all your harnesses are plugged/seated all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Crap, my 06 did the same last weekend. It went away, came back, went away? Sensor? Wonder if I don't have a good ground on my waterbox or because it is gutted, running hotter?

Which 'sensor' is it?guys ? or hot girls?
    I was thinking exhaust temp sensor too, and I also have a shortened/gutted waterbox, but I didn't have the warning for the first two days and only after changing injectors. I am going to change back to the stock injectors and see if it happens again the next time out.

I guess it could also be the exhaust temp sensor wiring/connector, I did touch it when I changed the waterbox, but why only when idling? I would think that full throttle runs would make it happen more

They don't like the EGT sensor being un-plugged for sure.

Remember they sometimes get corroded inside too. It upsets the ECU system for sure.

Re-plug it, and should not need BUDS to clear it either.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    I've never had sensor warning till the other day, only mods I did was gut the water box and ran pissers out the back, one off the XS Intercooler and the one that used to dump at the end of the exhaust pipe. But my VTS did stop working for a while, I guess I should get out the factory manual and read,LOL I'll report back because I'm curious if it is the temp sensor in the water box or an accessory alarm?

Elect to be a STICKY.

Quoting One1One......

The "SENSOR" warning describes an issue with an accessory (VTS, lake temp sensor, speed sensor, depth sounder, etc).

It can also mean that the wrong options are selected in the settings area of BUDS (VTS not selected on an RXP, etc) this can happen if the battery has been really low.

It will not be an engine management sensor input (MAP, TPS, etc) as they will give a "Check Engine" warning instead.

Should be made a stcky by the looks of it. Good, to the point problem solving path.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information