Thread: Repitch my prop

Repitch my prop

Hi there I am looking for someone who will be around next week to repitch my prop. Just didnt know who would be around because of mudbugs and can I get it back pretty quick, how much to do it, and given my mods where to pitch it too.

Right now stock I live in Maine and the water can be pretty cool along with the air. at 68* water 78* air temp I have been seeing 8080 - 8100 RPMs so I thnik with the mods I will be well into the rev limiter.

06 RXT 215
    4" front air intake
    2* pump wedge
    Riva intake grate
    Filled in ride plate holes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by race24x View Post
    Hi there I am looking for someone who will be around next week to repitch my prop. Just didnt know who would be around because of mudbugs and can I get it back pretty quick, how much to do it, and given my mods where to pitch it too.

Right now stock I live in Maine and the water can be pretty cool along with the air. at 68* water 78* air temp I have been seeing 8080 - 8100 RPMs so I thnik with the mods I will be well into the rev limiter.

06 RXT 215
    4" front air intake
    2* pump wedge
    Riva intake grate
    if youve done the mods and are getting those revs you dont need a prop pitch, those numbers are fine

+1
    I think he's there now before the mods, right?

In your case with the cool temps & high stock rpms's you'll need to add about 1.5 - 2mm to the trailing edge which is the most common area to pitch for stage 1... or, 1mm on the leading edge & .5mm on the trailing edge. This will eliminate prop spin out of the hole with the new HP you're going to gain. The riva grate alone will add 80 - 100 rpm over OEM on the rxp, I have done back to back testing 2 times on the same day to re-confirm I wasn't seeing things. 100 - 120 rpm with the 4" air so you're looking at roughly around a 180 - 200 rpm gain when combined.

+1

06 RXT 215
    4" front air intake
    2* pump wedge
    Riva intake grate
    Ron,

Send a PM to Erik(speedfreakracing) and see.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon1264 View Post
    Ron,

Send a PM to Erik(speedfreakracing) and see.
    what have you done to your rxt to get 80?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    what have you done to your rxt to get 80?
    Lots of TIME and MONEY............ Sorry Bro! From a 2Rude Sc, Rude Fuel Controlller, RRFPR, GenII IC, Less Cooke 9200 ECU with 60lbs inj, Riva Rideplate with HX, RE's BO, Riva Pistons, Upgrade Valves, Springs and Retainers, 4" Air Intake System, VTS System, Solas 15/?, AFR's tunning and some Great Hands that put my rebuild together for me and some Top Secrete Racing Magic.

I wouldn't touch that prop till you've installed your 4" air intake.

Afterward...I'd test it in the summer heat...what heat you have...then if needed, I'd add maybe a mm.

I am sorry Yes those are the RPMs before any upgrades. THose are the planned upgrades, but I am already so high on the RPMs. Even on a hot day (which in Maine has been 85 LOL) I am turning 8080 I have seen on a cold day 8140. I just didnt think it wold be good to do all the mods and then ride it hitting the rev limiter.
    Tiburon I will try speed freaks and see if he will be around next week. Thanks for all the help and stuff.

+1
    I am sorry Yes those are the RPMs before any upgrades. THose are the planned upgrades, but I am already so high on the RPMs. Even on a hot day (which in Maine has been 85 LOL) I am turning 8080 I have seen on a cold day 8140. I just didnt think it wold be good to do all the mods and then ride it hitting the rev limiter.
    Tiburon I will try speed freaks and see if he will be around next week. Thanks for all the help and stuff.
    Erik website give him a call. I think he didn't go to MB.

http://www.speedfreeksracing.com

Thread Information