+1

speedster going crazy

Here's what I have. 95 speedster with 2 657s. Bought it with 2 bad motors last year. Finally built motors. Cleaned carbs. Drained fuel tank. Took it out and it ran fine. Just rode about 30 minutes putting break in time on it. Went back a couple hours later to put more time on it and now rt motor won't rev past about 4500 rpm. Pulled both sets of carbs off and completly rebuilt them with kits. Pop off is at specs. Took it out today idled great. Took off and left motor would fall on its face or completely die when you gave it throttle but eventually it would rev and run great until you got back below about 3500 rpm. Docked it. Richened low speeds on left motor 1/2 turn and took off on the lake again. About 2 hrs later. Now both motors barely start. Won't run up rpms on either one. Changed plugs. Dark brown color. No change. Unplugged red wires on voltage regulators. No change. You can start the motors and give them throttle and rpm barely changes but not really like its hitting a rev limiter. This thing has kicked my butt. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post. Would water in the fuel do this?

Have you done a compression test? What do the plugs look like? 1/2 a turn is way to open, the stock low speed settings are 1.5 low speed and 0 on the high. You may have it too rich.

Btw, did you clean the fuel selector valves? And check the fuel water seperators and filters?

+1
    Water seperators and filters looked good. I'm going to completly drain the tank. Pull out pickups and clean and clean all lines and fuel selectors to rule out restriction in system or tainted fuel

+1
    I started with the lows at 1 turn this time so when I went 1/2 turn they are actually set at 1 1/2 highs are 0
    Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Have you done a compression test? What do the plugs look like? 1/2 a turn is way to open, the stock low speed settings are 1.5 low speed and 0 on the high. You may have it too rich.

Thread Information