02 GTX DI injector problem

I've got an 02 GTX DI that will idle on both cylinders, but will not rev on the rear cylinder. Swapped injectors, and the top rail wires by the injector. Runs the same yet. Good compression on both cylinders. It will run on either cylinder at idle with the other plug wire off, just not rev on the rear one. I can hear it sucking air and kind of a bogging sound when you open the throttle when running on just the rear plug. Revs fine on just the front cyl.

Was running fine, then a water hose came off and the hull got enough water in it to make it less stable, and the kids tipped it over. Got it back over and running right away, but now this. Not sure if it happened right after that or not, or if it's related. Rear coil box is dry. Any ideas?

Thanks
    DT

Sounds like it's all mixed up to me.

check to see if you have enough air coming out of the air pump, water may have entered the the little piston and bent the little rod thus not getting enough air pressure

Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    check to see if you have enough air coming out of the air pump, water may have entered the the little piston and bent the little rod thus not getting enough air pressure
    Would that allow it to run fine on one cylinder? I'm fairly new to the DI's, do I take the air line off and put a gage on it or what? Where does the air pump suck it's air in at?

tube goes under the motor to the intake air box(flame arrestor)

OK, I've got about 100 psi on the air compressor. I pulled the fuel rail off and took the regulators apart, there was some dirt on the screens, cleaned them, but that didn't help either. Still the same problem, will idle on the rear cyl, but will not rev. Actually the plug looks really rich after working on this for a while, plus the rear injector looked like carbon build-up on the bottom. Double checked compression - 135 both. Any more ideas?

I wonder if your reeds on the rear could be damaged

Never thought of that... If it did possibly injest a little water, could that damage the reeds?

+1
    Sometimes a damage reed could cause a problem like this.

If you have spark and fuel on both cylinders maybe you would want to check fuel preasure. Once working on one and wasn't till I tested on water with a fuel presure gauge installed that I found the problem .

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by winterstick View Post
    I wonder if your reeds on the rear could be damaged
    Winterstick, you were right on. One of the fiber reed pedals was blown backwards in the cage, but luckily it was still all there. The motor didn't digest it! Runs perfect again... I'd a swore it was fuel...

Thanks guys!

Thread Information