+1

Looking for riders near Wild Dunes, SC

Vacationing in Wild Dunes in August. Should I bring my PWCs? Is there anyone to ride with?

Some of us will meet you out. We are about 15 min from IOP. Let us know when you are here and will meet you out on a weekend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPNY73 View Post
    Some of us will meet you out. We are about 15 min from IOP. Let us know when you are here and will meet you out on a weekend.
    What are your names? Do you ride in the Intercoastal or in the ocean? I would love to ride in the Intercoastal but I would definately get lost by myself!

I will be staying at the Boardwalk Hotel at Wild Dunes from Aug 11 to Aug 16. I think they have a ramp on the property if I remember correctly.

Thanks,

Phil

Hey, My name is Joe. We actually ride a little further up the rivers BUT, Will ride the intercoastal. Lots of places to go and see in Charleston waters.

+1
    The ramp is actually on another road, but beside wild dunes. They charge you to put in. If your a guest I think its $5 to use the ramp. If your not, then its $10. At least thats what it was 2 years ago when we put in over there.
    Joe if you want to do that ride I can get us on that ramp for $5 as I am a property owner there,
    SHOOTER

You also might need to look into a place to keep the trailer. If I recall correctly, you cannot bring a trailer into Wild Dunes. My family owns a condo there and this is what I've seen and been told for as long as I can remember. Call first to find out for sure.

I'm thinking you can store the trailer at the marina. The last time I was there I remember seeing an area just for boat trailers. Again, call first.

+1
    Thanks for the FYI. I will call them this week to see if I can store my skis on the property or not.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people to ride with. The dock is located on 41st ave just outside of Wild Dunes. There is a $15 a day parking fee for your vehicle and trailer. Just beside the ramps is a jetski rental place called TidalWave that stays booked up. This is all located on the Intracoastal just inside "yacht harbour." Also, if you're concerned with getting lost inside the Marina Store they sell maps of the local waterways to help you out. I'd say bring your skis and enjoy some of what Charleston has to offer. I'd first check with the Boardwalk Inn to see if parking will be available for your trailer though. I do know that parking is tight around there. If it is going to be a problem I have a good friend that lives on 26th ave that may not have a problem with you parking your trailer there. We both work there on the island. Let me know if that may be an option so I can ask for you.

+1
    I appreciate the info, thanks. This is very helpful. I will call the Boardwalk this weekend and check to see if we can park there. I would hate to leave both skis in the parking lot at Wild Dunes as they would probably bye-bye over night.

Thread Information