Thread: Lake Seneca

Lake Seneca

I will be up on Lake Seneca on June 18-20. There is the cardboard boat race on Saturday.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Beer View Post
    I will be up on Lake Seneca on June 18-20. There is the cardboard boat race on Saturday.
    Are jetski's allowed on Seneca? I wish I could attach my jetski trailer to the back of my car trailer (note: I don't think it's legal to have a trailer attached to a trailer). It would be great to drive Watkins Glen for a few days (one of my most favorite tracks) and then ride on the lake for a day.

YES

Jet skiis are allowed if you want to go riding with someone give me a call (973)868-6760 Jeff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Beer View Post
    Jet skiis are allowed if you want to go riding with someone give me a call (973)868-6760 Jeff
    I would love it if I could bring both the race car and the skis to that area at the same time. I just don't know if that's really legal to have a trailer attached to the back of another trailer. It would be nearly impossible to backup two trailers at the same time if you needed to for some reason.

I think Lake Seneca would be a lot of fun to ride the skis on and explore the area. Two years ago, the X gf and I took the little "boat tour" on the lake. I had been racing up at Watkins Glen for 18 years at that time and didn't know much about the lake. As it turns out 90% of *all* the table salt in the USA comes from the two salt mining (for lack of a better term) companies on lake Seneca! They pump the water from the lake into the ground, where there is a vane of salt, that if memory serves, is a "C" shape that stretches from Virginia all the way up into Canada. Then the salt is extracted and the water returned to the lake. They will still be able to mine the salt for several hundred more years it is so big!

I will let you know if I can ever swing this.

Thread Information