+1

Rpm versus boost

I need some feed back i have 05 rxp stage 2.5 runs 75 mph i have a rude 3 sc to install plus injector and prop to get to 80 . I can trade the sc 4 a riva ecu and valve train kit did not know which would b the be the best way 2 get 2 80 . Five hundred rpm or 5lb of boost ithink it would b 5 more than my stage 3 sc thanks 4 comments

+1
    40 views no answers

There are many factors that will affect whether you hit 80 of not, and there isn't too much info listed in your post such as what exactly you have done to your ski right now. The "stages" term is used very loosely here so what exactly do you have installed? The one thing to compare is not RPM or boost, its boost @ RPM. If you are going to be at the same boost level @ WOT with your current charger and a Riva ECU as with a Rude 3 and stock ECU, I don't see how it would make a difference which set up you choose. With that being said, the Rude 3 should push a higher volume of air, so it may be the better way to go. Hope that helps a little and once you post some more info, I'm sure others will chime in.

+1

Re: Rpm versus boost

You already have the sc so install it with 50s and an rrfpr and go from there. Before you do it check your head bolts to be sure they are torqued properly.
    Make sure you can check your wot afrs as well.

Gonna need some nozzle and impeller work to do it too.

The Rude3 is a monster charger.

I ran a "Stage 3" setup a while back, with a 14/19 up its butt, and man did it accelerate, but top-end was not as expected.

I did the "Bolt and go" way firstly, and 76 was all I could get out of the Ski.

Then I installed them to work together, .... and BAM!!

Hull work, prop work, mixture setting, alignment of inlets etc all pay off in speed. Its a bit of fooling around, but it certainly brings a smile to your face when it all comes together.

Power is one thing, using it is another.

+1
    I do have a 15 24 prop for the rude 3 50injectors rrfpr i just see alot of people having tuning proplems im not real good at that. Thats why i was wondering wheater it would be less work and more reliablity with riva ecu i allredy have allthe riva stage 3 parts on except valve train and ecu that i can trade my rude3 for

There is no easy answer to get to 80, so be prepared to be tuning a lot with either setup. Once you get everything tweaked though, you'll really enjoy your ride. I think you have more potential keeping the Rude 3. Not too long ago a forum member got 83 on the stock ecu with a ET Race charger. If you contacted him, he would probably be the best source of information for you.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=mph+stock+ecu

+1
    What SC do you have now? If you don't like monitoring AFR and tuning, it may be simpler and easier to do the valvetrain upgrade and Riva ECU. With an X charger or good drop in wheel, the Riva ECU and 50s is usually a very nice trouble free setup. The Rude 3 and stock ECU will be faster I think ... but you will be doing a bit of tuning to make sure your fueling is safe.

Thread Information