Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2000 ZXI 1100 Mod Priority List

I just bought a second ski (zxi 1100) and want to tinker with it. I've done some searches and found some recommendations for mods but can someone prioritize the best mods for handling/top speed? I rode it for the first time today and the speedo topped out around 54MPH. Seems about right from what I've read. I noticed the porpoising at times but it was brief. My main ski is an 08 15F but I had a blast spinning this thing out and popping some wheelies. What I want to do is GPS the speed and do mods one at a time to see the effect. I need a list please. Thanks.

No one has ideas on top speed increase for this ski? I've seen some suggestions for handling mods but not a lot for top end.

+1
    Skat trac Swirl 13/19 prop
    Air temp sensor mod
    Have the stock head cut for higher comp
    aftermarket sponsons

I picked up a lot on my 00 ZXI.

u can pick up a head for a decent price online id go with and ada head better cooling for a motor that runs hot as it is, nu jet propbest prop handsd down for zxi 1100 with a few mods. if you ride rough water get a shred master ride plate and worx intake grate and since twist sponsons are rare these days id have to say get worx sponsons. the ski will be night and day handling and speed. the stock air box is probably the best thing for that ski unless you decide to change the carbs.

Thanks. So Shredmaster ride plate, worx intake/sponsons it is. Any idea on top end? Will it be mainly handling improvement?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul2005GPR View Post
    Skat trac Swirl 13/19 prop
    Air temp sensor mod
    Have the stock head cut for higher comp
    aftermarket sponsons

I picked up a lot on my 00 ZXI.
    where is the info for the air temp mod, searched for it but came up empty
    [ kaw zxi 1100]

1-head ada, r&d etc
    2-sponsons sponsons sponsons
    3-flame arrestors
    4-jump the green temp sensor plug
    5-13/18 swirl prop works awsome for all around nujet 5.0 good top end but swirl will kill it out of the hole
    6-2" extended sttering nozzle
    Ive used about every intake grate and ride plate made for the zxi, works grate robs the least amount of speed. Any sponsons are a hugh benefit (twist, works, beachhouse, inlandjet etc). R&D ride plates are about the same as stock, shredmaster WILL rob top end, had one sold it. PM me if you have any questions, i can explain how to heat up the pipe and i have a few parts still for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by zrt1 View Post
    1-head ada, r&d etc
    2-sponsons sponsons sponsons
    3-flame arrestors
    4-jump the green temp sensor plug
    5-13/18 swirl prop works awsome for all around nujet 5.0 good top end but swirl will kill it out of the hole
    6-2" extended sttering nozzle
    Ive used about every intake grate and ride plate made for the zxi, works grate robs the least amount of speed. Any sponsons are a hugh benefit (twist, works, beachhouse, inlandjet etc). R&D ride plates are about the same as stock, shredmaster WILL rob top end, had one sold it. PM me if you have any questions, i can explain how to heat up the pipe and i have a few parts still for sale.
    thanks for the contact and info, the Kaw zxi 1100 is up and running.

upon cleaning the cards i found the only carb mixture adjustment was idle mixture [ had to remove the plugs ], does anybody know what the recomended setting should be for all three idle mixture screews ?

Note: to bypass the $200.00 kawasaki magnetic ignition switch the red and red/white should be contacted for ign on / disconnected for off, the white and black/white should be connected for ign off and open for ign on, i used an outboard ign switch for this purpose.

Sorry, been off the forum. Thanks for the info zrt1

Unless you plan to run buoys then sponsors are a waste of money. They don't help in speed and plus they take the fun factor away because when they hook they will hook. So doing 180's or 360's will be quite hard.

In my experience the first thing I would get is a new intake grate. It will keep you hooked up to the water better and it is night and day. I can't speak for other brands but I am using the R&D Aquavein and love it. It was night and day when I put it on.

I am using a Shred-Master ride plate and yes it will scrub some speed, not noticeable, but it will keep you in a straight line and compliments the intake grate. So if you are riding a lot of rough water lakes or what not I recommend the two.

I have a Solas swirl prop believe 19/13 but I have yet to put it on yet as I have other things I need fix first and I need the pump machined.

Mostly this ski out of the box is fast and fun enough so I would focus on handling. Stay away from the sponsons though unless you plan to run buoys. Like I said, when they hook, they hook and you will get thrown if you are not careful. So Intake Grate and Ride Plate and then new Prop and I wouldn't do much else besides maybe ADA Head and aftermarket F/A. I am using the Ocean Pro F/A and no complaints.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information