2007 Sea Doo RXT.... deal?

I found a local dealer that had 3, 07' RXT still on the floor. I managed to get a brand new 07 RXT (RED) with new Black trailer, and all other fees included for $9,500

I feel like i got a good deal, but just courious what other poeple who have more expirence in purchasing skis think.

+1
    If that was the out-the-door price, then I would say that is a pretty fair deal. It would always be better if you could have got another $1,000 off the top, but if you back out the tax and other stuff, he sold it for around $8,000, and even though it's 3 years out of date, and has the ceramic washers, you still have a great model with zero hours on it. However, there are two things you must do:
    1. Go back and get the extended warranty.
    2. Replace the ceramic clutch washers with Riva metals and you'll be all set.
    See here for more info on metal washers:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887

+1 ^^^^ I bought in 07 a 06 RXT otd for $9600 and change but no trailer

Thanks for the advise..... I know I have been reading alot about those washers. I was thinking for just wating till end of summer and then have them replaced when I have the ski witerized. Or do you think I thats somthing I shoudl do ASAP?

also I have been trying to find out, If they do become a issue is covered under warranty.... I do have a 3 year warranty with the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaganop View Post
    Thanks for the advise..... I know I have been reading alot about those washers. I was thinking for just wating till end of summer and then have them replaced when I have the ski witerized. Or do you think I thats somthing I shoudl do ASAP?

also I have been trying to find out, If they do become a issue is covered under warranty.... I do have a 3 year warranty with the ski.
    I'm sure you will be fine up to 100 hours, just get off the throttle before you "unhook" from the water.

+1
    personally - I would not ever ride it with the ceramic washers. Yes you could say its covered under warranty etc...Its just not worth it.

If they do fail then they are going to pull your motor. Take the front and rear covers out and then replace the oil pumps.

You want your brand new ski taken apart like that ? Sure hope they get all the tiny little pieces. Then have to hope they put it together right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grover432 View Post
    I'm sure you will be fine up to 100 hours, just get off the throttle before you "unhook" from the water.
    That is bad advice

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaganop View Post

Talk to your dealer about it. In my opinion, you should do it ASAP, we had the dealer install ours and that way they assured me it would not void the warranty. (this will vary with different dealers) It's tempting to leave them alone, but if you let the ceramics explode they can and will create other problems and requires a complete removal of the engine for proper repairs. Your warranty will cover the cost, but some dealers have no clue how to perform this properly. Depending on your dealer and their work load, this process can take several weeks or in some cases SEVERAL MONTHS just to get the parts in the door and the job complete. In contrast, it only takes a few minutes to replace with metal washers.

Thread Information