Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

muscle shootout (funjet)

well edit video of a comparison of rxt-x260,kawa260 and FZS http://www.funjetmagazine.com/video....20X%20260%20rs it's already posted in the kawasaki department

Seems a little biased, and that's coming from a proud RXP-X owner.

I haven't ridden any of those specific ski's but I find it hard to believe that the RXT-X 260 is that much of a runaway clear-cut winner. I do think it is the better ski, but I'm shocked at how it seemingly decimates the other two in 90% of the categories that matter to me. I see way more of the newer Kawi's and Yamahas in my area, and I've only seen two RXT-X 255 iS's on my lake period. Maybe price is the problem, I'm not sure. The other ski's have to have something going for them tho... maybe I'm wrong

+1

SHOOTOUT

what no Honda aquatrax!? seriously RXP is the best stock ski, i've ridden the rxp almost bone stock and she pulls hard and handles sharply.Haven't ridden the others except the "trax", no comment.Yes price could influence people,i'm looking maybe next yr for a "big couch'' as they say on PWCyesterday, i like the kawa 250-260.Could pick one up for 6-7k used

+1
    The 260 is a BADA** ski. I would expect it to win a shootout like this. Does it cost more than the competition or is it just a no brainer??

+1

Test seemed accurate, the 260 more known for its gas capacity (23 GAL) and bring along storage and very rough waters.In 07 the first yr they were sticker priced at 10.8k but to be confused with the 'ultra" without the SC.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i can t say i have ridden the others on the same day or close enough to really give a good judgment but i did ride the seadoo and it is awsome...the brake is really neat..

but it did almost look like seadoo sponsored it..

I absolutely LOVED this video... Its the first one I've seen that's high quality, and compares a LOT of features, not just speed and performance in a race. It seemed like a little biased, BUT, the RXT didn't win Watercraft Of the Year 2009 without a good reason.

Other than the performance, which I cannot comment on, since I've never ridden either the Yamaha or the Kawasaki, I didn't like the features on the other machines except on the Sea-Doo. Its NOT because I'm a Sea-Doo owner, but seeing it out on the lake like that and seeing those features makes me super-happy that I got this machine instead of the others. I'm NOT knocking on the Yamaha nor the Kawasaki, they're both great machines I'm sure, and have a loyal following, but for me, I think that BRP put a LOT of thought and effort into their watercraft.

For example the storage on the Yamaha looked spacious, but you couldn't pull it out? How hard would it be to make it removable??? The Kawasaki was nice and really spacious, but it just seemed like a "bucket", whereas the Sea-Doo was the most well though-out (removable and watertight), but not necessarily the largest.

The dashboard cluster on the Yamaha... Can you guys even see anything on that thing?? It looks tiny and reflective. Kawasaki looks decent but both seemed like they should've been tilted up more! Now look at the RXT's dashboard. 3 sections, 2 of which are dedicated and one multi-function in the middle with nice large numbers. They also use this on their Ski-Doos and it works extremely well. As an RXT IS owner, I absolutely love this design, and the fact that the clusters tilt when you tilt the handlebars! Oh and the Yama and Kawi don't have built-in GPS speedos??? No wonder they're "faster" than the RXT's [on the dreamo-meter]. Just kidding boys! At least you're not speed-limited by the GPS.

Hehe... I love the reverse and brake on the RXT. I always love using mine and playing around with it, even when not really needing it. I also gotta say that the Yamaha's reverse handle seemed nice and beefy though, and I personally like that... But why the hell is it on the RIGHT side??? Is it to prevent people from pulling it while on the gas (a safety thing)??? That's really dumb. But of course with the on-water braking, nothing beats the RXT. I also love how the RXT got a 5/5 on the brakes and the others said "NONE". Hehe! Props to Kawi for getting 2nd place. I guess this machine is pretty good for stopping on the water, even without brakes?

I'm VERY impressed with the FSR and how it rivals the 260HP machines with only 235HP, and I guess they put a larger supercharger in? Looks more reliable than the RXT's too! Very cool, and the engine compartment looks like you can really work on the motor. I hate that about my RXT... Other than checking the oil and coolant, there's no room to do very much else without headaches. No comment on the Kawasaki, since they didn't show the engine bay, and the Kawi's supercharger reliability looks very disappointing!

I didn't quite understand the CO2 Consumption. I assume it is something like a catalytic converter that takes away CO2 from the exhaust. I thought the charts were going to be more like "Number of dolphins sucked through the intake: Kawi - 6, Yama - 3, RXT - 14... Sea-Doo WINNER!" Seriously though, seeing the dolphins around the PWC was neat. Not a whole lot of them here in Canada. HAHA!

The one thing they didn't do, which was kind of odd, was ride it in choppy water. I'm quite sure from reading a lot of posts that the Kawasaki would definitely beat the other two machines. It seems really good for the ocean with nice large swells. This is where is excels and they didn't do any rough-water testing, which makes the test seem kind of rigged I thought. Although the iS models would handle the chop quite well I'm sure.

Price wasn't mentioned either, and I'm sure the RXT is more expensive than the others. But I've learned that at the end of the day, you get what you pay for, and the big smile on your face is priceless!

Good pros and cons at the end. My 2009 RXT IS doesn't have the Sport/Touring mode option and it seems like a waste to have it... Seriously, TOURING on the RXT? Just let off the gas and jab that Cruise Control button... Its my redneck solution to Touring Mode (I bet you didn't think you could do anything redneck on this machine)... LOL!

Great video and it opened my eyes and gave me a bit of insight into the other machines which I may not have had before.

+1
    Nice video, keep in mind that the "unleashed" Euro version of the RXT-X (RS model). I love the way Sea-Doo always delivers more azz-kicking performance for less fuel. However, I'm not sure how the pathetic 13.7 gallons of storage on the Sea-Doo qualifies as a "winner."

On some of the other comparisons I really didn't even understand WTH they were comparing; it would have been nice if they replaced some of the music with a voice-over and some explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    However, I'm not sure how the pathetic 13.7 gallons of storage on the Sea-Doo qualifies as a "winner."
    they tied it up because it was waterproof (the bag), but yeah it's kind of small compared to yamaha and the kawa

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by t-h-e-p-i-m-p View Post
    they tied it up because it was waterproof (the bag), but yeah it's kind of small compared to yamaha and the kawa
    Yep, this is a weak spot in the new RXT designs in my opinion; for example, our RXT's have 52 gallons of storage in each. Funny thing, it actually looked bigger than the Yamaha in the video though. I need to get out and ride all these myself. I squared off on an FZR on Memorial Day and raced him for a half-mile. He tried hard, but could not hold the RXT, I beat his azz. He was a little pissed, but a nice guy; we talked a little after and I have to admit that new Yamaha is a very good performer especially in the chop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information