Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Change grate or sell ski

    After my recent accident, I am in a dilemma. I had a Riva grate (aluminum) on my FZS (stage 1) when I was bucked off with serious injuries. (Grate and intake have no damage to them.) Has anyone else been bucked off with either the Riva or R&D grates or am I the unlucky one? Do the R&D grates have a better track record for preventing overstuff? Without doing something to the ski to prevent what happened, I would be afraid to open up the throttle. I will also never be able to let family or friends ride it! What would you guys do? Thanks....


  2. #2
    spelling police HAZE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    846
    +1
    3
    Sell the ski, better yet sell me your ski. All that time without riding is just going to depreciate your ski even more, maybe if you sell it you can get a newer model hopefully they address this issue in the newer ones. Sorry about your accident.

  3. #3
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jefros View Post
    After my recent accident, I am in a dilemma. I had a Riva grate (aluminum) on my FZS (stage 1) when I was bucked off with serious injuries. (Grate and intake have no damage to them.) Has anyone else been bucked off with either the Riva or R&D grates or am I the unlucky one? Do the R&D grates have a better track record for preventing overstuff? Without doing something to the ski to prevent what happened, I would be afraid to open up the throttle. I will also never be able to let family or friends ride it! What would you guys do? Thanks....
    OMG.
    i have not expierenced the overstuff issue. but, i also have the SHO. with a R&D intake and plug kit.
    i know some people with a fzr are waiting on the s.s. riva intake.
    how badly was the boat damaged?

  4. #4
    FRANKY G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    U.S. Riverside Ca.
    Posts
    279
    Hey bro, I have also had injuries done to me from nearly getting bucked off at full speed useing the Riva Intake grate. I used all my mucle in my right arm to stay on because the ski turned violently to the left. I ended up ripping some ligaments and causing major pain and bruising of the whole arm.
    I now have been running the R&D intake grate and I'm running a complete stage 1. So far, no issues or feeling like the ski wants to buck me off.
    I ran 70.6 all day long at Lake Havasu trouble free..
    Hope this helps buddy..

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    kingwood,texas
    Posts
    526
    +1
    1

    Sell

    Just sell ski, oh where are u located if near Houston Texas I can take it off yours hands

  6. #6
    Franky G...Sorry about your incident but thanks for the info. Not that I want anything to be wrong with the Riva grate but I just need some kind of explanation to feel comfortable riding. I am hoping no one has had any overstuff issues with the R&D grate. That certainly would be the cheaper option. "how badly was the boat damaged?" ...Boat was undamaged though it ended up less then 10ft from a dock!

  7. #7
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    hey they come

    .............................................


    serious note.hope you mend soon bud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turkey-vulture.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	192902  

  8. #8
    dhoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    3,182
    +1
    6
    I run a TBMracing grate on my FZS and have not any bucking issues so far. Tried a few high speed (70mph) throttle chops with no problem.

  9. #9
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    I run a TBMracing grate on my FZS and have not any bucking issues so far. Tried a few high speed (70mph) throttle chops with no problem.
    be careful with that one.

  10. #10
    FRANKY G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    U.S. Riverside Ca.
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by jefros View Post
    Franky G...Sorry about your incident but thanks for the info. Not that I want anything to be wrong with the Riva grate but I just need some kind of explanation to feel comfortable riding. I am hoping no one has had any overstuff issues with the R&D grate. That certainly would be the cheaper option. "how badly was the boat damaged?" ...Boat was undamaged though it ended up less then 10ft from a dock!

    Thanks buddy. Hope you heal up back 100% too.
    I'm not bashing on Riva. I love a lot of their products. Infact, I'm useing some of their parts in my stage 1 and plan on useing more parts from them soon in my next wave of mods.
    When I pulled my Riva intake grate off, it was still fully intact. Not sure if I just got a bad one or what.
    The R&D has proven more worthy at this point. I've run WOT and choped it and nothing. Did it several times. All good to go.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Just a reminder that section is for selling skis only not parts or hulls
    By OsideBill in forum Yamaha 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2016, 10:53 PM
  2. 1995 Polaris SL750; Parting out or sell entire ski
    By Johnnycyclone in forum Polaris Classifieds
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 07:37 PM
  3. Should I trade or sell outright?
    By Totallyblown in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 09:33 AM
  4. Reason i have not been on the forum lately or moding ski
    By sprchrgd89gt in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 05:03 PM
  5. pondering about 06 or 07 skis
    By jason3t3 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2005, 07:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •