02' XLT1200 Been sitting about a year Questions to bring it back!

Hi there, I have had my XLT1200 sitting for about a year now because after i purchased it i found some major hull issues that needed to be addressed. It ran great when i last ran it but has now been sitting for probably 14 months. I just finished up the body work(been busy with a new business) So i am ready to paint it and get it back on the water for the summer.

I wanted to know if there is anything i should check or look out for/expect when trying to get it started back up.

I know the battery will need to be charged/replaced and some fresh gas tossed in. Anything else ?

Thanks!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by richdash View Post
    Hi there, I have had my XLT1200 sitting for about a year now because after i purchased it i found some major hull issues that needed to be addressed. It ran great when i last ran it but has now been sitting for probably 14 months. I just finished up the body work(been busy with a new business) So i am ready to paint it and get it back on the water for the summer.

I wanted to know if there is anything i should check or look out for/expect when trying to get it started back up.

I know the battery will need to be charged/replaced and some fresh gas tossed in. Anything else ?

Thanks!
    I would siphon the fuel and put new gas in, And i would take out the spark plugs and put a little oil down the spark plug holes to keep everything lubed up when she fires up.

awesome thanks, i was planning on taking any gas out already but the oil is a good idea... thanks! kinda hope it didnt gel too badly to be honest... I hope to have this on the water by mid july!

Just spent a ton on paint prep stuff!!!!

XLTNoob
    Where are you located? Anywhere near HOU?

EDIT: holy crap, nevermind. Cali is a long way from Texas. I R smart at lernin.

Thread Information