2001 xlp low speed issue

01xpl bore is 1+ stock crank ,cylinder ,49cc pump gas miller domes base gasket 8 or 10 hole not sure exhaust mild portting on flange side & pipe opening vf reeds 2 stock carbs r&d intake chokes removed ,proks hs 165 closed ls 95 1.5 2.3n&s 95 gram spring no accel pump nu jet 5.? stock grate & sponsons runs 66.1 gps full tank after a pass or two it's acting way too rich on bottom to the point of just barely moving rpms on top is around 7000+or-50 tried turning ls screws in to about 1 turn still same thing berrrrrrrrr any imput is appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by seadooer; 06-12-2010 at 03:31 PM.

+1
    First thought is N/S to large 2.0 is more then enough to feed your set up. Sure its not sticking at all?

Do you have to pump the throttle to get onto the high speed circuit ? What happens if you keep it pinned will it just go beeerrrrrrrrrrr ?
    I assume all fuel filters and lines are clean,did you inspect all the check valves and Diaphragms ? Have a look at #14 is it being held flush against the Valve Body Assy with the Valve plate and screw ?You will have to pull carbs off to inspect is my guess.
    Attached Files Attached Files

01xpl ls issue

I will go 2.0 in future also check inisde carbs ,just had installed new diaphrams an no on my first run or two I dont have to mess with throttle to get to hs circuit . What are the stock ns ,I still have them. Yes on fuel lines & yes when I keep it pinned it goes beerrrrrrrrrr thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooer View Post
    I will go 2.0 in future also check inisde carbs ,just had installed new diaphrams an no on my first run or two I dont have to mess with throttle to get to hs circuit . What are the stock ns ,I still have them. Yes on fuel lines & yes when I keep it pinned it goes beerrrrrrrrrr thanks.
    Re install stock N/S and get your pop off around 19-21 psi using different springs. Refer to chart.
    What air filters do you run and why remove the chokes as they can actually hinder performance when they are removed (on stock carbs).
    You need to go through both carbs and inspect closely all the diaphragms and gaskets and check valves (under bright light).

I would set it up like this 165 mains closed 95 lows open 1.5 turns ,stock N/S with either 80 or 65 gram spring.No pumps
    I use prok filters and leave chokes active as they help give the carbs a stronger signal to pull fuel through at the leaner rev ranges (about 4000 and again at (63-6500)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pop-off Chart.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	193396  

01xpl ls issue

Prok Flys, the chokes where already removed by last owner will try diffrent springs.

Thread Information