Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any sport bike riders that can tell me if the hand cramping ever goes away

Can't get over the R6 from yami. I've been looking and looking but like the R6, although the GSX-R fits me a little better. I don't have any problems with back pains or arm fatigue or my butt going numb just my hands cramp up bad and really quick. Does this go away after awhile after you are use to riding or is this just something that you have to put up with and or is there something you can do to remedy this on a sport bike?

+1
    I'd be worried. You have a circulatory problem caused by the angle/attack of the bars. Some folks try filling the bars with buckshot, gel grips, higher bars, lower seat, etc... Two things that have great success for folks is try changing the front gear. This will change the vibration harmonics to a different rpm. Some have great luck with TPS adjustment to something other than stock. Some get relief, some don't.

I think its from working the clutch and front brake. I am thinking about moving the levers down more so I don't have to bend my wrist up as much. So I am just stretching my fingers to reach the levers instead of stretching and bending at the wrist.

Good or Bad.

Too bad they didn't come out with a black and green combo.

+1
    Including the shifter and the brake, you should adjust the levers the very first thing to fit your style. You might have to redrill the clip ons.

+1
    Heli
    bars will raise the bars up for you.

Unless your going fast it is hard to be comfortable on a sport bike.

You can easily adjust the angle of the levers in relation to your grip. Sport bike clip-ons are usually adjustable for agle in and out only. The levers can be adjusted in & out (slightly), and for angle forward or back.

Try adjusting the levers downward so you don't bend your wrist as much. Also try to relax your grip. By squeezing the crap out of the bars, you will fatigue your hands quicker.

Sometimes it comes from the amount of squeeze needed to actuate the clutch and brake levers. My buddies Ducati had a real hard clutch pull that would cramp my hands up badly.

You could also get a set of rear sets to change your footing on the pegs, which will change the angles of riding position as well (better for tall riders).

The new R6 is a sweet bike.

+1
    I have found that most of the time when riding a sport bike (I have had a few) most people tend to squeez the grips out of fear or neviousness if they would just relax the arm pump goes away...

+1
    I have found that if you get one of those hand exerciser things (that you just close your hand and then open, sorry I dont know the exact name) and use it while you are at home watching TV, talking on the phone, or any time you arent using your hands, it really helps with the arm pump and hand cramps. I used to use them when I was riding MX or cross country racing and it really seemed to help.

i have a yami r6...grea bike......u'll never comfortable unles your crusining and even then ur ass hurts but u can atleast take one hand off and put it on ur thigh

+1
    I have been riding sportbikes for a while. Your hands should not get cramped while riding. It is all in your riding technique. You need to support your upper body with your abdominals to take the stress off of your wrist and hands while riding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information