Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
  1. #1

    Trim options for X4 hulls

    My VTS module quit working some time ago. I now use alligator clips and connect the motor directly to the battery to bump it up and then reverse polarity to bring it down. It works but its getting old..

    I remembered from an HX that I owned years ago a dial in the back of the ski that allowed you to adjust trim manually. Is something like this adaptable to the X4? If so, what modifications are involved? What skis came with this manual trim setup besides the HX?
    It seems to me that if it worked, everyone would be doing it because a manual trim setup like that is the most reliable thing out there... and I havent heard anything about it on this board.. but I admit that I dont come in the 2-stroke section as much as I used to and I have not searched it.

    Are there aftermarket manual trim systems?
    LMK if you guys have any ideas...


  2. #2
    been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    S. elgin
    Posts
    395
    why not buy a new module

    a member on here has one for $50....



    yea the HX has a dial you can turn, but im not sure that you can convert urs over..

  3. #3
    I dont care enough about the ski to invest in a new one- if I remember correctly they are $200 or more- and I dont want to buy a used one and have it burn out again.

    Do you have a link to the $50 one? Ill consider it.
    I would still prefer to go to something manual that I dont have to worry about or fuss with ever again.

  4. #4
    been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    S. elgin
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    I dont care enough about the ski to invest in a new one- if I remember correctly they are $200 or more- and I dont want to buy a used one and have it burn out again.

    Do you have a link to the $50 one? Ill consider it.
    I would still prefer to go to something manual that I dont have to worry about or fuss with ever again.
    i just bought it on accident and sent it back to the guy...its on its way back to him now...

    gtx-x2 has it for sale....

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125967

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    n.j.
    Posts
    457
    "My VTS module quit working some time ago. I now use alligator clips and connect the motor directly to the battery to bump it up and then reverse polarity to bring it down. It works but its getting old.."
    if thats the case and you don't want to purchase a new unit, then hook up a 3 position momentary switch and mount it on your hull.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    if thats the case and you don't want to purchase a new unit, then hook up a 3 position momentary switch and mount it on your hull.
    That was my next step but I thought I would explore the possibility of a manual setup first.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagesrt4 View Post
    i just bought it on accident and sent it back to the guy...its on its way back to him now...

    gtx-x2 has it for sale....

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125967
    was it corroded? Evidence of salt water use/intrusion?

  8. #8
    been around the block Stagesrt4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    S. elgin
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerslave View Post
    was it corroded? Evidence of salt water use/intrusion?
    it looked flawless, but i needed motor not module so i sent it back to him and awaiting a refund.

    i bought a rectifier off him as well, and kept that

  9. #9
    Rampage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Holland, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    2,932
    im pretty sure that what you are talking about is on the older X4 models. Like the SPs (?). Last year when I had my XP, my dad's friend had a teal SP (94/95 I think) and I remember looking at it and it had a dial next to the pump. If that's the case I would assume you could do something like that on the XP, maybe its a whole new pump setup though which would make it difficult...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Stagesrt4 View Post
    it looked flawless, but i needed motor not module so i sent it back to him and awaiting a refund.

    i bought a rectifier off him as well, and kept that
    You confirmed that the 94 part did fit the 96? Im surprised that a 94 ski even had vts...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB - Parts Anyone want 3 degree trim tabs for X4 hull?
    By skoolball23 in forum Sea Doo 2 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 09:03 AM
  2. FS: modified jet dynamics intake grate for x4 hulls
    By gorilla03 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 07:56 PM
  3. For sale: AAT for x4 hulls
    By gorilla03 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 10:39 AM
  4. FS: Hydro turf spash guard for X4 hull 96XP 97-99SPX
    By caliburst in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 04:18 PM
  5. WTB Works Intake Grate for X4 Hull or Xp
    By WvRider in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •