2008 rxp-x p0326 check engine error??

So I'm actually typing this from my I phone halfway on my trip on my jetski so pardon any spelling errors. So here is the situation. Winterized the jetski and took it out for the first time about 3-4 weeks ago. It ran fine no errors it did run a top end of only 7900 Rpms in 80 degree weather, also over winterizing it the gas tank was only half full. Put it back on our lift and now im here again 3-4 weeks later I took it of the lift to go get breakfast with the family and when I get up to about 50-55 at around 6000 rpms the error comes up: chk eng p0326. Then it bogs down a little and top end only turns 7400 rpms. I researched and it's the knock sensor.. What exactly does that mean and how do I fix it? Thanks guys!

+1
    knock sensor prevents detonation...The RPM's are down because it is pulling back timing.

It could be as simple as bad gas. If it were mine I would drain the tank and refill.

Ok that was my assumption. Since the tank was half full when it was winterized maybe water condenced in and what with year old gas and stabli could cause the issue. I just filled up and it still did it. I'll just burn the gas off and when I get back pump it out. Any other suggestions?

+1
    mine has done this twice and just did it again, first time it was the ECU to harness pin connection was iffy and this time the Knock sensor harness went bad but that is only on an 04 model. you can ohm out the sensor if 5m ohms then its good, if not replace

Engine Error

ok so. i should check the ecu harness? as well the knock sensor harness. bare with me now im pretty new to working on my ski so im gonna have to ask where i find these in the ski?

+1
    check the female side harness pins that connect to the ECU A-9 and A-23 i think it is....

what should i be looking for and is there a wireing diagram any where so i know which pins are which.

any other ideas

any other ideas or am i taking it in to the dealership?

Thread Information