Blow out exhaust hose

I have a 99 SeaDoo XP that I bought used last month. I've taken it out on the lake a couple times, and both times quickly lost power after running 10-15 minutes. It ran great up to that time. What I have found is that it blows out the little four-inch long hose that on the "engine support and muffler" parts fiche is number 29 (BOYAU RACCORD *HOSE-EXHAUST 274000530). The hose looks melted when I pull it out to replace it. This is the one held on by two hose clamps. Of course the whole engine compartment starts filling up with water when this happens!

I have replaced the thing twice but both times the same situation occurred. I don't know too much about these engines but I am mechanically inclined and willing to try fixing it myself, if I could get some pointers on where to look for problems.

Thanks in advance!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    your talking about the black hose after the waterbox that goes out the exhaust hole on the back of the ski?

if thats what you are talking about your water injection on the pipe has gone foul some where. you may have some blockages in the lines or have a bad sprayer....maybe the jet in the waterbox is faulting

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    your talking about the black hose after the waterbox that goes out the exhaust hole on the back of the ski?
    Close... I'm talking about the one in the engine compartment that is exactly the same part as the one in the back compartment. I don't know the names of all the parts, but this one is attached in the back to a long pipe that goes to the back compartment. On the attached diagram it is the number 29 part that attaches to the number 64 part.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2335_0013.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	193153  

Sydney, Australia.
    Sounds like the water feed to the Exp chamber is blocked.

Its the one at righ angle to the Zorst, with black tube feeding it.

Usually they get blocked. Turn it out, clean, and replace. Should be good then.

Thread Information