Best battery to buy?

Hi all.....new to this site and getting ready for our first trip to the river.

I have (1) new Yuasa (Sealed) YTX30HL-BS and a old YB16CL-B (YUMICRON). The older battery may need to be replaced, so I am looking for the best bang for your buck. A new Yuasa (sealed) is $115 at my local dealer.

Someone had mentioned they bought an AGM from Advanced Auto Parts. I will research, but if anyone can offer some other suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

+1
    Odyssey PC625. Amazon.com shipped to your door for $98. Many of the racers have that battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-PC625-...6300238&sr=8-2

Thanks Carlos!

+1
    +1 on the Odyssey...check on Ebay I think you can get them even cheaper.

I got one of the Odysseys off eBay. I would not get it from eBay user motobatteries though. I bought it in state to have the battery quick. After I paid I got two more invoices to pay, a day apart. I replied to each invoice stating I had paid already, but got no reply. Finally got the battery ten days after I paid for it. Left negative feedback (first time ever for me) and then got an email saying the battery was shipped that day with a tracking number that showed it was already delivered the day before. Never got any sort of explanation, apology or anything.
    So far the battery has been good though.

Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    I got one of the Odysseys off eBay. I would not get it from eBay user motobatteries though. I bought it in state to have the battery quick. After I paid I got two more invoices to pay, a day apart. I replied to each invoice stating I had paid already, but got no reply. Finally got the battery ten days after I paid for it. Left negative feedback (first time ever for me) and then got an email saying the battery was shipped that day with a tracking number that showed it was already delivered the day before. Never got any sort of explanation, apology or anything.
    So far the battery has been good though.

That providing bogus tracking numbers seems to be real popular now days.
    For me, the second they do that, I get a refund and go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    That providing bogus tracking numbers seems to be real popular now days.
    For me, the second they do that, I get a refund and go elsewhere.
    No, I got the battery, but once I left the negative feedback after I got the battery, they sent me an email saying the shipped the battery that day. In the email was the correct tracking number for the battery I received the day before. Yet, they shipped the battery the day after?!?! Just poor communication on their part.

I rigged my boat with Odyssey batteries and I love 'em, now just waiting for my yamaha battery to start showing its age... but does the PC625 fit in the OEM battery tray without modification? Odyssey lists it for yamahas in it's application guide, but it's listed at 6" deep while the OEM battery is less than 4".

Now if only I could afford Valence lithium batteries... $700 for the jetski and $2000 for the jeep!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idealrides View Post
    I rigged my boat with Odyssey batteries and I love 'em, now just waiting for my yamaha battery to start showing its age... but does the PC625 fit in the OEM battery tray without modification? Odyssey lists it for yamahas in it's application guide, but it's listed at 6" deep while the OEM battery is less than 4".

Now if only I could afford Valence lithium batteries... $700 for the jetski and $2000 for the jeep!
    if you want to pick up a good sealed battery locally, sears has sealed pwc batteries with a plastic spacer on the bottom. so the height is identical to the 16 clb battery.
    they sell them for 120.00
    i have always had good luck with the standard sears/diehard pwc battery

Thread Information