+1

Search is over slt 750

Whats up. After asking around for a sending unit I found a whole 1995 slt 750 on craigslist last night for 350 with trailer. Dont know how to post it but go to greensboro N.C. put in polaris jet ski. Been on for for some time. It was covered in slime and number three is burnt but I cleaned it up tonight an man it is a nice ski. Got it for 250 O.K. hooked up a new battery just to check the electrionics. Iam a mechanic but have very bad brain farts some times. Starter got super heated as soon as the battery was connected, cdi box clicked if you hit the starter, no display on mfd. Cleaned the grounds. Starter windings grounded? Gosh dont want to gut the ole girl she my first polaris twin. Ha Ha. I will fill you in on why number three burnt a hole for the secound time. Gotta go take a shower shes screaming at me again. 5 skis now!

Main seals leak, lean out. crank out of index, Fuel issues. Not that hard to track down the most likely cause. Do a leak down test. Okie indexing is bring mag piston to very top dead center then the measurement of 2 &3 pistons should be the same. Just copmpletely go through fuel from pickups to a new Mikuni 3 oul lrt fuel pump.
    Good Luck Brian

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Take the time to check the electrical carefully, before you try re-connecting the battery.

I would expect that machine to have multiple problems.

Mechanical, electrical, fuel system, jet pump bearings and seals. Check everything.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Take the time to check the electrical carefully, before you try re-connecting the battery.

I would expect that machine to have multiple problems.

Mechanical, electrical, fuel system, jet pump bearings and seals. Check everything.
    THANKS K447 and for the post on polaris parts. Its been sitting for five years. It has the orginal fuel pump with an added pump that tees into the pulse line an then only feeds number three witch has failed. Anyway this one is worth saving. I think the pro spit tobacco juice on me tonight as I came into the garage.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blegan View Post
    Main seals leak, lean out. crank out of index, Fuel issues. Not that hard to track down the most likely cause. Do a leak down test. Okie indexing is bring mag piston to very top dead center then the measurement of 2 &3 pistons should be the same. Just copmpletely go through fuel from pickups to a new Mikuni 3 oul lrt fuel pump.
    Good Luck Brian
    Thanks Brian, your chioce of skis look kinda like mine. 2 1995 slt's now, 1994 seadoo spx (love this ski been hoped up a bit) 1999 Pro 785 (still in the works) and just bought a 1988 650sx stand up realy mod. with west coast high comp. head west coast tune pipe, westcoast intake, bosen reeds, solices prop. Rejeted sbn44 crab. Been out once with it and it took me about 30 minutes before I finaly stood up on and didnt fall off. Havnt ridden a stand up in 28yrs. Take care man.

Thread Information