Polaris SL650 Help With The Fuel Pump Needed Please!

Hey guys,t
    So I have narrowed down my problem with my 1995 Polaris SL650 PWC to the fact that I believe the fuel pump is gone...

One thing though is I was wondering if you guys could explain how the fuel pump works in the ski? I do not see any electrical hook-ups and am having a hard time understanding how it functions?

To replace the fuel pump, do you guys suggest I buy a used one off of eBay? Or are there aftermarket ones that are better?

I have found this

Would that help to go along with the stock fuel pump? Or does that replace it?

Any help would be necessary guys, it has taken me a few weeks but I think I have narrowed my problem down to this!

Thanks again,

Campbell, Ca.

I'd suggest contacting John Zigler and get a ready made kit from him. Mounting and installation directions are here in the tech section under FUJI FUEL.

The fuel pump is operated from a plulse line that attaches to the lower section of the engine. The pulse from the engine is what produces a pushing pressure to operate the pump diaghram.

From ehow
    When the engine revolves, the tube connecting the engine delivers fuel with a pulse of pressure at each revolution. The diaphragm pulsates with the pressure. At the top of the pump are two chambers. They are separated by a pair of one way valves. These valves ensure that the fuel that passes through does not come back. Fuel flows from one chamber to the other at one pulse and at the next pulse, fuel moves to the engine

Read more: How a Fuel Pulse Pump Works |

Thanks very much, I got in contact with John and am in the process of ordering the triple fuel pump, can't wait to get back on the water!

Thread Information