+1

need 4 place trailer ideas pictures please

Ok I am slowing getting all the skis running and ready to go again did two 701 vxrs Thursday, two 650 vxrs today (still need new batteries) going to work on the 701 blaster tonight or tomorrow and order parts for the 1200 HX next week . Now its time to think about a bigger four place trailer instead of a double set of trailers

I picked up a 20' aluminum boat trailer the axle and springs are shot (rust in half) but the aluminum frame is in great shape. The local trailer shop didn't know what a 4" drop axle was so when I asked so I am going to try an find some spindles and just build my own . I was thinking of just four long bunks with some easy slide pads so I could have two skis up front and two in back that way they would all just slide right off at the beach. I would love to do those roller bunks but six pairs of them would get pretty expensive.

I would like to see some of ya'll four place trailers so I can get some ideas on the best way to rig mine on a small budget

+1
    Da 6 Pack FOR SALE! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    airbornexp

+1
    that's interesting you built a beam cradle to set on top the trailer frame and I like how the cradle allows the ski to set out over the fenders.

I really wasn't sure but was thinking about some type or removable stopper for the back skis but that is a really cool idea you had with a fold down stopper I mite try building one of them

+1
    The more I think about those the more I like them . What did you use for pivot points on those fold down stoppers? did you run a rod all the way or weld a bolt on the end of a plate maybe

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by L Carlson View Post
    Da 6 Pack FOR SALE! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    airbornexp
    Its still for sale if you want it...LMK

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yama-doo View Post
    The more I think about those the more I like them . What did you use for pivot points on those fold down stoppers? did you run a rod all the way or weld a bolt on the end of a plate maybe
    I have a rod in the tube. it made it easier than trying to get something that had bearings or something else sophisticated...farm boy engineering

+1
    farm boy engineering works for me do you have any other suggestion for building those fold down stoppers?

ya I think that be a long drive to get it plus four skis at once is all I need (for now at least) I'm trying to convert a aluminum boat trailer cause my galvanized one is rusted form inside out , this south Florida salt water and beach sand is hard on trailers

+1
    yea this one probly wouldnt last long down there...its all steel the stoppers that I built are rock solid...honestly I cant think of any others that would be as strong and still as manuverable to get the other skis off the front

+1
    ok thanks I am going to try to build that type its allot better then what I was thinking about , just make out of aluminum with a steel rod and put a grease fitting on the aluminum tube/steel shaft area

+1
    Id still build yours out of aluminum since you are in salt water...just add a gusset on the 90* bump stop to add strength. I do not have a grease zerk on the bump stops that fold up and down. honstly I never planned on moving them that much that you would need a zerk there.

Thread Information