Unhappy Back from Lake, Grate is gone

Just got back from the lake with a Stock 2007 GTI SE, got it up on trailer and happen to look under to find the intake grate is gone (Surprised we didn't feel a difference while driving it). Front of the grate is gone but the front bolt is still in the hull and it broken at the back. Is this common issue with the stock grate, and will seadoo cover it under warranty?

+1
    This is not common on a stock ski, especially a 155 ski. If Seadoo doesn't cover it, I'd be mighty angry.

same shit happened to me today.. ive got a riva grate on 07 rxp. the whole grate is still on ski but the two outside rear bolts nutsurts pulled out of plastic (nut surts still on bolts) then wallerd the middle hole on grate out and pulled over bolt. front bolt still intact an seems to be fine.. has ne 1 elese had this happen?

+1
    on the faster skis (215) and riva grate, yes, a number of people have had this issue. you need to reinforce the pump shoe inserts.

can the r&d grate girdle b used with a riva grate? an can u even use ne thing since the nutsurts have been pulled out? has ne 1 glued/ epoxyed the nutsurts back in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bcromwell View Post
    Just got back from the lake with a Stock 2007 GTI SE, got it up on trailer and happen to look under to find the intake grate is gone (Surprised we didn't feel a difference while driving it). Front of the grate is gone but the front bolt is still in the hull and it broken at the back. Is this common issue with the stock grate, and will seadoo cover it under warranty?
    I shit you not we just limped back in about 15 miles today on one of my buddies wife's ski's today out here at MudBug. Same ski, same exact problem. The Grate pulled down out of the back of the pump shoe..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ANASTY View Post
    can the r&d grate girdle b used with a riva grate? an can u even use ne thing since the nutsurts have been pulled out? has ne 1 glued/ epoxyed the nutsurts back in?
    Yup, I put in the R&D girdle, and drilled/countersunk the holes needed to use the Riva grate with the R&D girdle. Also did the stock grate, but have not bothered to test with it ... also have the R&D grate drilled too. Can use any grate with the R&D girdle, just need to drill holes, then widen the top part of the hole a little so the bolt will seat into the grate.

Thread Information