Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Hood hinge brackets bent?

I just replace the 2 brackets that the strut attach to because they were bent causing the rod to come off the hood (where the E clip goes). I just replaced it last week and now its bent again. WTF? I don't see where anything was out of alignment. Any light on this topic would be very appreciated. Many thanks.

+1
    There is a service bulletin about this. Alot of people have the shock pop off. Look in the how to section of seadoo on the forum. There is a PDF file. They move the bracket on the hull to the left 10mm. I think it was left.

Check it out. I took the thick stainless plate and mounted it on the right side of the hinge and lifter rod. That prolly makes no sense. I dont have a pic right now. But what I did, had the same effect as moving the bracket in the hull

+1

Re: Hood hinge brackets bent?

Same thing happening to me!! Keeps wearing a hole in my styrofoam

+1

Talking Easy Fix

Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    I just replace the 2 brackets that the strut attach to because they were bent causing the rod to come off the hood (where the E clip goes). I just replaced it last week and now its bent again. WTF? I don't see where anything was out of alignment. Any light on this topic would be very appreciated. Many thanks.
    Here's the link from the How To Section:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104232

Easy fix to a common problem.

+1

Re: Hood hinge brackets bent?

My shock doesn't pop off it just bends the two brackets really bad I was thinking maybe my shock is shot cause it's holding alot of pressure and pushes the bracket to the side into the styrofoam when I close the hood it's an 07' would that service bulletin fix this issue also?

+1
    It just gets worse and worse and the farther it bends the faster it bends. Just put the bracket on the other side.

Ill try to get a pic tomorrow.

+1
    Please do post a pic. a bit frustrating to replace the the bracket and see them bent a week later. It's only a matter of time before it bends enough to pop the strut off. Thanks again for all the replies!

+1
    OK. Pictures are up.

Look at your stock setup compared to mine. I labeled the center bracket "A" to help what Im trying to say.

On your stock setup bracket "A" is on the left side of the hinge on the hull and the rod from the hood.

The service bullet has the bottom shock mount moved to the left 10mm which I think was a little more than a 1/4". So I moved bracket "A" to the right side of the front hull mount. And to the right of the rod from the hood.

So basically take the center triangle bracket "A" and put it on the right side of the other bracket and hood rod, just like in my picture. Dont mess with the lift shocks position. BY moving this bracket like this does the same thing as moving the bottom of the shock.

I also had to use new brackets because they were bent. Make sure u also check your bolts that they are tight. Mine have loosened up a little even with a nylon locker and red locktite.

As u can see I also used some bigger fender washers to help support the twisting. But my setup is much more inline.

Thankx guys.

+1
    Mine is on the same side? but completely bent
    From my point of view looks like the strut needs to go to the right, not the left?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sdc11373.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	193546  

+1
    What ski do u have? The PDF that is already linked to in the thread shows which skis and years this is for. You probably have a different ski. In our skis, the lower shock bracket down in the hull needs to goto the left.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information