Thread: Timing Issue?

Timing Issue?

Just put my motor back in my ski tonight after washers failed and I cleaned everything out. I tried to start it and it wont start. I have fuel and I have spark. Friend said timing must be off but I didnt remove crank or cam or even timing chain when I pulled everything apart. Not really sure what direction to go. Anyone have any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli10 View Post
    Just put my motor back in my ski tonight after washers failed and I cleaned everything out. I tried to start it and it wont start. I have fuel and I have spark. Friend said timing must be off but I didnt remove crank or cam or even timing chain when I pulled everything apart. Not really sure what direction to go. Anyone have any experience with this?

check all conector wiring itís fixed

+1
    So do you get the two beeps when you put the Dess key on the post? Does the motor turn over good, but just not fire up?

One quick way to verify timing is good is to check compression on all 3 cylinders ... should be 130 - 150 normally if cam timing is OK.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli10 View Post
    What did you pull apart if you didn't remove the cam and timing chain? Did you just remove the valve cover and the pto cover?

I removed pto housing, scavenger pump housing and bottom of engine block/oil pan. I didi have to remove the connectng rod caps when one of the thrust washers came out of the crank to get it back in. I rotated the crank but I never removed the timing gear so it should still be in time. Im thinking its something electronic. Yes I do get the 2 beeps when the dess key is connected. One other thing I noticed was when I pulled the fuel line off It had a TON of pressure and blew gas everywhere. It didnt do that when I originally took the motor out. Maybe injector problem?

Thread Information