seadoo center intercooler vs all 3

anyone have seadoo center intercooler and how does it compare to riva or xs ic , i am about to get a new one just thought i sak before i go a head and grab one , also there is a big price diffrence in all 3

seadoo center $1600
    rotax $1500
    riva $1000
    xs $450

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by josh_m View Post
    anyone have seadoo center intercooler and how does it compare to riva or xs ic , i am about to get a new one just thought i sak before i go a head and grab one , also there is a big price diffrence in all 3

seadoo center $1600
    rotax $1500
    riva $1000
    xs $450
    Les Cooke's Intercoolers are awsome but pricey, to be fair unless you are racing I would not bother spending that sort of money. For the weekend rider out to have fun running no more than 11-12psi boost the XS works awsome. It will work very sell with higher boost as well but it does start to struggle with keeping the charge temps down as the boost goes up.

The Riva Intercooler has issues with swelling, cracking and internal leaks.

The Les cooke IC (seadoo centre) is designed for big boost and to keep charge tempretures down over the course of a race, the XS has very good performance but when run at high RPM/Boost for long periods the charge tempreture goes up as it cannot keep up with demand, this is not an issue for mose recreational riders and for that reason my advice would to be get a XS Setup.

R88

Well i am currnetly involved in cc racing and are looking for the best cooler hmmm still seadoo center cooler just sounds really pricey
    anyone got any numbers on seadoo cneter ic ???

hey josh the seadoo center is expensive because it in house made and the intercooler can handel 35psi+. its a garret core with in house made end tanks. its never failed the famous les cook gti that has 450hp+ nor many other people who race.....when you race you want the best. if you rec ride well maybe stay stock or put a xs or x ic on it. last thing you want to do is break down because your intercooler cant keep up, and from what i hear you dont hold back with ur riding

+1
    This is another option, from the pictures im certain it uses a garrett core all cast tanks means it will take big pressure.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Preci...Q5fAccessories

I think it uses the larger of the 2 garrett cores which means its prob bigger than Les's IC, not sure if thats a good or bad thing, you may see slightly more boost due to less restriction but then the charge temps could be a touch higher due to the boost spending less time in the cooler.

R88

Thread Information