Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Running my Rxp without the supercharger can it be done??

I want to use my rxp for a weekend of towing ie tubes and wakeboards.. We are going to a popular ski spot so there will be lots of boat wakes, and choppy water.. I dont want to put the clutches on the supercharger through all that abuse.. So can i run the ski without it?? Ofcourse i will plug the supercharger hole, i can make up a plug on the lathe at work.. Im running a riva ecu as well so will the motor be ok with that.. Not expecting as much speed but as long as i can pull the daughter and friends around the lake that will do for me.. IS this possible thanks

+1
    Yeah mate i dont see why not. No diff really when running turbo.

We take supercharger out etc and block the off.

The ECU should compensate no problem at the higher rpms with no boost etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie rxp View Post
    I want to use my rxp for a weekend of towing ie tubes and wakeboards.. We are going to a popular ski spot so there will be lots of boat wakes, and choppy water.. I dont want to put the clutches on the supercharger through all that abuse.. So can i run the ski without it?? Ofcourse i will plug the supercharger hole, i can make up a plug on the lathe at work.. Im running a riva ecu as well so will the motor be ok with that.. Not expecting as much speed but as long as i can pull the daughter and friends around the lake that will do for me.. IS this possible thanks
    Unless you are running a big wheel I don't see why you will mess up your clutches. I am assuming you have metal clutches installed.

+1
    we have 3-4ft of chop on the lake most days and my charger holds together. if your just pulling a tub around you wont be going fast enough to come unhooked. IMO live it in....

+1
    I want to use my rxp for a weekend of towing ie tubes and wakeboards.. We are going to a popular ski spot so there will be lots of boat wakes, and choppy water.. I dont want to put the clutches on the supercharger through all that abuse..
    Most owners just let off the throttle a bit when the ski is in the air avoid excessive impact on the clutch system. What year is the ski and do you have metal washers?

Yeah got les cooke washers in, im running a b kit with the riva ecu.. Im fine with letting the throttle off its my family and friends that hold it wide open on the chop, have tried to educate but it does not sink in.. Easy for me to leave it off and kick back and not stress for the weekend. Thanks for the input.

+1
    It will be fine. I have run my rxp when experimenting with it with no boost hose from the supercharger and had no issues. The only difference I had was I was only able to reach about 6500 rpm max and about 50 mph. You could also just let them use the learner key if you have one because you may get even less speed and acceleration because of the drag of the tube etc.

Yeah got les cooke washers in, im running a b kit with the riva ecu.. Im fine with letting the throttle off its my family and friends that hold it wide open on the chop, have tried to educate but it does not sink in.. Easy for me to leave it off and kick back and not stress for the weekend. Thanks for the input.
    +1 - learning key to keep things mellow

+1
    just don't let them ride it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iron head View Post
    just don't let them ride it
    +100

if they cant learn then dont let them use it, that how your shit gets f*cked up....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information